1x Core
Dunwich Core
Miskatonic Museum
Essex County Express
Blood on the Altar
Undimensioned and Unseen
Curse of the Rougarou
Carnivale of Horrors

Notably, I have never played this game before. Only read through the rules once or twice. I'd like to set up a 3 player game. I would also do a 4 player game, if possible but I know that's going to be hard without a 2nd core. For now I'm just using the prebuilt core decks, looking for any recommendations on how I could work my collection to add another player or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To get to more players, you'll really want to use the Dunwich Legacy investigators. They can be legally played with pure single-class and neutral cards, but you shouldn't have trouble filling their five wild 0-level card openings. With three or four players, individual decks can be more specialized, since there is support from the team.

In short, I think its quite doable with the collection you have. You can always play with an Easy Bag if you feel like the decks are weak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I used to think that, but you can still play with the core investigators too, in the same way as the Dunwich ones would be played. Just pick cards mostly from their main class.

I would only pick cards from their main class first. (For example: Wendy should only get survivor cards, and Roland should only get Guardian cards).

Then once each investigator has gotten most of the cards from their main class in their deck. You can fill out the rest with neutral cards and their off classes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Carthoris wrote:
To get to more players, you'll really want to use the Dunwich Legacy investigators. They can be legally played with pure single-class and neutral cards, but you shouldn't have trouble filling their five wild 0-level card openings. With three or four players, individual decks can be more specialized, since there is support from the team.

The Dunwich gators don't actually help that much in this situation. With one of each product (so 1x core cards and 2x others), each class has only about 25 cards. So unless everyone taps into the fifth (unused) class, going cross-class with Dunwich gator just means another gator has even fewer cards to work with.

The issue is much more the actual total card count available, which is barely enough to pull together 30 level 0 cards across four decks. You'll only have about 20 spare cards with all said and done. Given that some cards are bad or even dead in some decks or investigators, that isn't many.

You can probably manage three gators, though. The problem is also alleviated once you start leveling up decks, because that adds more card options for each gator. This is also true of standalone mode, where you build your initial deck with some experience in exchange for additional weaknesses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that it would be even more problematic because you run out of good neutral cards. Go for second core...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could find one I would!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgahc01.html

Looks like it is in stock at miniature market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I find that 4 cores and 2 of every expansions supports 4 player the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monorico wrote:
I find that 4 cores and 2 of every expansions supports 4 player the best.

This is unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is delivering reprints of the core and Dunwich to stores right now. You should easily be able to find another core online or in your LGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Waffler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
youperguy wrote:
This is unnecessary.

I agree, definitely not necessary, but really really nice. Makes it much easier to make 4 player decks without fighting over cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.