Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A reporter is alleging that a candidate in the special election in Montana body slammed him Wednesday night, breaking the reporter's glasses.

Ben Jacobs, a political reporter for The Guardian U.S., tweeted shortly after 7 p.m. that Greg Gianforte, the Republican candidate in the special election, bodyslammed Jacobs and broke his glasses.

Greg Gianforte just body slammed me and broke my glasses

— Ben Jacobs (@Bencjacobs) May 24, 2017

Reporters on the scene also tweeted out their accounts of what they witnessed, saying they heard shouting before Gianforte allegedly assaulted Jacobs.

Ben walked into a room where a local tv crew was set up for an interview with Gianforte

— Alexis Levinson (@alexis_levinson) May 24, 2017

All of a sudden I heard a giant crash and saw Ben's feet fly in the air as he hit the floor

Heard very angry yelling (as did all the volunteers in the room) - sounded like Gianforte

And we all thought the bizarreness was done election wise this year

And the GOP campaign response

Quote:
A spokesman for Gianforte said in a statement that Jacobs "entered the office without permission, aggressively shoved a recorder in Greg's face and began asking badgering questions."

"Greg then attempted to grab the phone that was pushed in his face. Jacobs grabbed Greg's wrist, and spun away from Greg, pushing them both to the ground. It's unfortunate that this aggressive behavior from a liberal journalist created this scene at our campaign volunteer BBQ," the statement said.

Wonder what put the candidate in such a snippy mood vis a vis this reporter. Well there is this

Quote:
Jacobs has been covering the race and last month wrote about Gianforte having financial ties to U.S.-sanctioned Russia companies.

http://thehill.com/media/335052-reporter-alleges-that-montan...

Well if he loses tomorrow, there is probably a place for him in Homeland Security.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.