Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Gloomhaven [+] [View All]
Peter Appleton
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a message that there is another company selling licensed removable stickers for Gloomhaven.

Are these necessary - do the stickers included with the game damage it/render it useless for second playthroughs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Prophet
United Kingdom
London
Camden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3rd party removable stickers are if you want to do be able to reset the board and the game for a second play through starting fresh.

The stickers that come with the game are permanent stickers that once placed are intended to stay on forever.

It's your choice whether you want the option to reset from scratch or not. If you do you will want to look into the removable stickers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Jones
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they are not necessary to play tke game. The stickers are not designed to be removed.

However if you insist on being able to reset the game, Issac has provided all the files required for you to reset the game in the file section.

The removable stickers are very nice and would certainly help you to reset things smoothly. But the are by no means "necessary" for anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
I used them for a second campaign map which I printed on my printer. So they certainly are an extra, but can come in quite handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition but am getting the upgrade pack rather than v2.0 - does anyone know if I need the first edition stickers or the newer ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikobel 21
Greece
Elefsina
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackpuddingbertha wrote:
I have the first edition but am getting the upgrade pack rather than v2.0 - does anyone know if I need the first edition stickers or the newer ones?

The new ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nikobel wrote:

The new ones.

Really? why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aflorin wrote:
nikobel wrote:

The new ones.

Really? why?

I believe the changes were just minor and reflected some of the discussions on the forums about achievements. Here's the only relevant entry I could find from the change log:

Quote:
Sticker sheets:
Global achievements: Combined "The Demon Dethroned" and "The Rift Closed" into a single achievement "The Rift Neutralized," as it was causing many problems that they were separate. To fix this problem in the first printing, just use either one (whichever you gain first) as a representation of both for scenario requirements. It is still possible to gain this achievement twice, but if you have it once, you can't earn it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
There are other ways how to handle the legacy aspect of the game. You can track your feedback on a separate sheet (which is actually better as it is difficult to write anything to the scenario book anyway).

Also if you sleeve your cards, you can stick the original stickers on the sleeve making it easy to remove the sticker. However in this case the removable stickers get handy as they do not move on the card. It is just a matter of convenience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of stickers, when I got my copy of the game, I received an extra sheet of the first page of location stickers. I assume that is not true in every copy? Anyway, if anyone wants an extra page of stickers (not removable ones and no second page), hit me up.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they necessary? No or Isaac would of put them in.

They are designed to reset the game or to not blemish the game for those out there.

Personally I am going full stickers... I am almost complete with all the story line campaign so my board is chalk full of them. I plan on playing it solo once my group is done, but there is plenty of campaign trackers out there that can help out with everything so no need for the map. The only issue I am going to have is the cards that we put stickers on, but that is simple enough as putting something in the sleeve stating I earned that sticker or not....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a legacy game and I'll be playing it that way: stickers, notes, torn cards - everything.

And If I really want to play from scratch after 50 (or 100) missions, I'll just buy a new copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moat Man
Canada
Burnaby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
txnull wrote:
This is a legacy game and I'll be playing it that way: stickers, notes, torn cards - everything.

And If I really want to play from scratch after 50 (or 100) missions, I'll just buy a new copy.
This is how I feel. If after 100 missions I still want to play again I'll happily buy a new copy. I am pretty sure by then there will be an expansion or a sequel so I'm not worried about only being able to play it once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Marlow
United Kingdom
Bridgwater
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
txnull wrote:

The problem with that idea is that when you want to play it again with your kids, or grandkids, there won't be any copies to buy for less than a king's ransom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctaWho wrote:
aflorin wrote:
nikobel wrote:

The new ones.

Really? why?

I believe the changes were just minor and reflected some of the discussions on the forums about achievements. Here's the only relevant entry I could find from the change log:

Quote:
Sticker sheets:
Global achievements: Combined "The Demon Dethroned" and "The Rift Closed" into a single achievement "The Rift Neutralized," as it was causing many problems that they were separate. To fix this problem in the first printing, just use either one (whichever you gain first) as a representation of both for scenario requirements. It is still possible to gain this achievement twice, but if you have it once, you can't earn it again.

Ah, ok. I thought it was a reference to some change of the location stickers. I did know about the minor tweak to the achievement stickers.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izzy Marsh
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only stickers required to play the game are the card enhancements. All other stickers and the map are for visual appeal and immersion. They can easily be replaced by a pencil and paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Marlow
United Kingdom
Bridgwater
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carkara wrote:
The only stickers required to play the game are the card enhancements. All other stickers and the map are for visual appeal and immersion. They can easily be replaced by a pencil and paper.

Absolutely agree. In fact the next campaign I play will use a journal type book to keep track of everything. The map stickers seem just eye-candy to me, they don't help you keep track of the storylines, and their geographical locations are meaningless in game terms aren't they.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing to keep in mind is that the campaign map itself is almost completely useless. We wanted to make our game resettable, so we printed a scenario list with check-boxes to make check-marks on, then realized that totally obsoletes the actual map!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trang VP
Australia
flag msg tools
If you would like to be able to reset the game, it's as easy as doing two things:
1. Sleeve your action cards, and put the enhancement stickers on the sleeves instead of the card itself. You can easily replace the sleeves and print a new sheet of enhancement stickers to reset the game.
2. Use another means of storing all other campaign progress, eg https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1771125/new-gloomhaven-camp...

Easy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.