Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blaise Grimes-Viort
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spotted you can race opponents from the deck as well as human opponents. Does this mean it is solo friendly? Or would the experience be greatly reduced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Willem van Dijk
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi BlaiseGV,

solo mode is certainly possible, in fact during a game for 2-4 players players race against the card-opponents most of the time. The fun of racing against the card-opponents is balancing the pro's of the bonus and the chance of winning against the costs of losing and the chance you have of losing. Which can be different on each track: Drag Race, Mulholland Drive and Aqueduct race.

So, short answer: yes this is solo mode friendly. I will try designing one during this campaign. Do you have any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blaise Grimes-Viort
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jan!

Really great to hear this could be soloed in some way. The theme I really like so glad I have an excuse to back

In terms of suggestions, I was really thinking of a sort of "campaign" race season - a bit like in Tavarua - where you race against set card opponents say each "month" in a season long campaign. At the end, you get a league table I am probably massively over-simplifying! But it simply occurs to me that a lot of fun can be had WITHOUT the extra players here.

Happy to chat through any of this further

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Willem van Dijk
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Solo mode is now available, see here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/117402901/street-rod-th...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.