Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
44 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Zombicide: Green Horde» Forums » General

Subject: Please make this tie into (and cross compatible with) Massive Darkness also. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viper .
msg tools
That is all.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, when I first looked at the title I inserted "don't make"

I'm guessing like MD they may add hero cards as an add on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a video interview floating around where the specifically said they will NOT be doing that.

Sorry,
rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreatrudini wrote:
There is a video interview floating around where the specifically said they will NOT be doing that.

Sorry,
rudy

I've seen the video. In it Thiago mentions it is something they have to "think very carefully" about, but that we should absolutely not expect everything to tie in with everything else.

So, it sounds doubtful, but not 100% commitally so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreatrudini wrote:

Sorry,
rudy

That is not what he said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For conversation sake, what are you hoping for? Just the heros, that will need unique abilities? Just the retail or all of KSE? Some way of using the enemies from MD?

Or do you actually want MD dash cards so that the new heros can go back to MD? Personally, this would bother me as I want the development team to focus on one game at a time. It's one things to make more zombicide cards for the MD characters but another to make MD dashboards for the zombicide guys.

Or do you want them to make quests that use both tiles etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It sounded to me like Thiago was trying to soften the blow of some major crossover components. I'm still hoping for some characters to cross over (I don't need the catapult in MD) but for all I know Massive Darkness is going to suck. Reading that rulebook I was surprised by how many differences there are in the mechanisms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viper .
msg tools
typo360 wrote:
For conversation sake, what are you hoping for? Just the heros, that will need unique abilities? Just the retail or all of KSE? Some way of using the enemies from MD?

Or do you actually want MD dash cards so that the new heros can go back to MD? Personally, this would bother me as I want the development team to focus on one game at a time. It's one things to make more zombicide cards for the MD characters but another to make MD dashboards for the zombicide guys.

I want there to be quests that use heroes, monsters, tiles, etc from both Green Horde and Massive Darkness. That would be OFF THE CHAIN WICKED AWESOME!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Viper5121 wrote:
typo360 wrote:

I want there to be quests that use heroes, monsters, tiles, etc from both Green Horde and Massive Darkness. That would be OFF THE CHAIN WICKED AWESOME!!

I'm hoping (expecting, really) that when Massive Darkness is released the community are going to go nuts making quests that elements from it and Zombicide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think anything from Massive Darkness will cross over into Zombicide except possibly player characters. Zombicide will always be zombies only, I believe, so all the non-undead monsters from MD have no home in Zcide.

And of course, more survivors is the thing Zombicide needs least by a huge margin. Weren't there like 80 in the Z:BP campaign?!

The other way around is possible, but is likely to be limited.

The designers at Guillotine are smart about this. Fans constantly ask for crossovers, because they want maximum value and variety is always appealing. But it's not easy to generate that much interesting, meaningful content. I'm sure they will do crossovers whenever they have a good idea for how to implement it. But they won't force crossovers just for the sake of doing it.

I am glad for this. If you actually think about it, it's not a good idea to make everything cross over all the time. It would all be bland and similar. Why even have two different games at that point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Viper5121 wrote:

How do you put monsters from MD into Zombicide? The rules only allow for monsters moving according to "zombie AI." And how would it even be Zombicide if it's not about Zombies?

Massive Darkness is more wide open, so that is probably your better choice for crossovers. But then, how many varieties of zombie do you need in that game? As a more broad-based fantasy setting, why would you want 20 types of zombies overwhelming all the more traditional monsters?

Maps using all the different tile sets seems like the only really interesting way to cross-pollinate the two games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the trebuchet won't cross over. My guess would be the standard (core) MD heroes to zombicide. And all the survivors, excluding the special guest boxes, to MD. And of course all the Orcz and GoblinZ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why the people asking for this just don't go ahead and do the work themselves? There is nothing stopping you. When people complained about no ratz in Zombicide, I just added my own with rules. When poeple complained about no dragon in Black Plague, I just added my own junior dragon with rules (waiting for Rising Sun for bigger dragons). I also have razorwing batz with really cool swarming rules. Custom characters, about 30 for Z. Also have put a Z map and a BP map into a custom game with survivors and zombies crossing over through time portals. Why complain that it isn't being done for you? Just do it yourself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think some people don't like the PnP feel of homebrew stuff. They want official character cards and such
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
I don't see why the people asking for this just don't go ahead and do the work themselves? There is nothing stopping you. When people complained about no ratz in Zombicide, I just added my own with rules. When poeple complained about no dragon in Black Plague, I just added my own junior dragon with rules (waiting for Rising Sun for bigger dragons). I also have razorwing batz with really cool swarming rules. Custom characters, about 30 for Z. Also have put a Z map and a BP map into a custom game with survivors and zombies crossing over through time portals. Why complain that it isn't being done for you? Just do it yourself!

Some people like to have the matching character sheets, cards and other materials. We can all do it ourselves, some just would like it provided by the official sources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
I think some people don't like the PnP feel of homebrew stuff. They want official character cards and such

A side benefit, it also allows them to complain about the official offering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
So the trebuchet won't cross over. My guess would be the standard (core) MD heroes to zombicide. And all the survivors, excluding the special guest boxes, to MD. And of course all the Orcz and GoblinZ.

Isn't the first part already included in the ZPD crossover from MD (MD heroes as survivors)?

Maybe we will get a card to use the Dragon from GH in MD...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Jimenez
msg tools
mb
GrandKhan44 wrote:

Isn't the first part already included in the ZPD crossover from MD (MD heroes as survivors)?

That's what I was thinking. MD heroes do have their cross over sheet for ZBP already if you backed the MD KS and got that add. This includes every hero from the MD KS and they should be fully compatible with Green Horde too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wananeko wrote:
GrandKhan44 wrote:

That's what I was thinking. MD heroes do have their cross over sheet for ZBP already if you backed the MD KS and got that add. This includes every hero from the MD KS and they should be fully compatible with Green Horde too.

However, that was KSE. So that will be interesting how the add that in without breaking the whole KSE concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
Wananeko wrote:
GrandKhan44 wrote:

However, that was KSE. So that will be interesting how the add that in without breaking the whole KSE concept.

That's why I think it will only include the base characters from MD. But all the ZGH survivors. Fairly certain that's how the MD-BP KSE worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Thompson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think Z:GH will have crossover cards into MD. I think if there is a second season of MD, that is when we will see the crossover cards from Z:GH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I don't care as much about the Zombicide characters being used in MD, as much as the monsters being used. I purchased the ZBP/MD crossover kit when I pledged MD, because, the more variety you have with the enemies, the higher the replayability. I see no reason why it would be that difficult to do it with the monsters in ZGH.

I'm still kinda scratching my head about why they released MD in the first place. I know the line about "They are different games", etc; and, there ARE some differences in game mechanics. However, they have more things in common than they have differences. The experience/leveling up mechanic is similar. Treasure acquisition is pretty much the same. Hacking down scores of baddies valiantly to accomplish your scenario goal - check. The biggest difference is ZBP is on the lighter side, while MD goes into more detail.

After reading the MD rules I keep asking the question - why didn't they just find a way to tack on a campaign element to ZBP, instead of coming up with a whole new game system for the same genre? I'm not saying it wouldn't be a challenging project; but, by keeping everything under the Zombicide roof, they could have used the existing tiles, and probably the same equipment, skills, etc. The main thing they would need is more depth to the character leveling process. Also, they would only have one game system to support - not two.

Don't get me wrong - I love ZBP, and I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of MD. But, I'm starting to wonder if I really want to sink money into both of these games as new expansions come out, especially if there are no crossover possibilities. I also really hope MD doesn't lose steam and hit the rocks - I really like the direction it is headed, with its more complexity and depth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakkadakka1 wrote:

After reading the MD rules I keep asking the question - why didn't they just find a way to tack on a campaign element to ZBP, instead of coming up with a whole new game system for the same genre?

I suspect thats how massive darkness started.
I imagine they were trying to come up with a good set of campaign rules for bp, but realized the ruleset was simply too limited to do a good campaign with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jtpoke wrote:
I don't think Z:GH will have crossover cards into MD. I think if there is a second season of MD, that is when we will see the crossover cards from Z:GH.

This makes the most sense. We already have Z:BP cards for all MD heroes, so as far as the Zombicide series is concerned, the crossover is complete.

Making a crossover kit every new season of MD/BP would be pretty crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinceness wrote:
jtpoke wrote:

This makes the most sense. We already have Z:BP cards for all MD heroes, so as far as the Zombicide series is concerned, the crossover is complete.

Making a crossover kit every new season of MD/BP would be pretty crazy.

However, the crossover kit also allows the Z:BP heroes and monsters to be used in MD (which is the reason I purchased it). I'm guessing the stats for the Z:GH monsters would be easy enough to figure out; however, one still needs the MD cards to put in the Guard and/or Wandering Monster decks.

So, I still hope they will eventually release the crossover for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.