Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » Variants

Subject: Overlord panel ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
is there an overlord template.so,we can build our own bad guys and minions?..im surprised there wasn't anything about it in the AC lots about making your own heroes/dungeons/adventures...but nothing about making our own bosses and minion groups.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
tootz wrote:
is there an overlord template.so,we can build our own bad guys and minions?..im surprised there wasn't anything about it in the AC lots about making your own heroes/dungeons/adventures...but nothing about making our own bosses and minion groups.


There was nothing about balancing Heroes vs existing minions in the AC so expecting it to provide a frame work for building new minions is definitely not in there. Bosses are just evil heroes so that is there but setting up new minion profiles outside those provided, building overlord decks, etc. is not covered.

Some people have done some calculations to estimate what various minions are worth. Have you checked out the mantic.club forums. More stuff there along those lines.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eriochrome wrote:
tootz wrote:
is there an overlord template.so,we can build our own bad guys and minions?..im surprised there wasn't anything about it in the AC lots about making your own heroes/dungeons/adventures...but nothing about making our own bosses and minion groups.


There was nothing about balancing Heroes vs existing minions in the AC so expecting it to provide a frame work for building new minions is definitely not in there. Bosses are just evil heroes so that is there but setting up new minion profiles outside those provided, building overlord decks, etc. is not covered.

Some people have done some calculations to estimate what various minions are worth. Have you checked out the mantic.club forums. More stuff there along those lines.
Thanks Brad.
ive bought a few of the digital things [pnp] for the game..im using minis I have from various other games I have.and tilesets from descent etc.
but was looking at some of my pathfinder pawn sets.and looks like I could make some great boss/minion setups there.but as I said no templates for the overlord. I will check that forum out Brad...thanks again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lewicki
msg tools
mb
I was going to create one for a campaign I am working on recently (Drow/Dark Elf thread).

If there is one out there I would love to utilize it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
tootz wrote:
eriochrome wrote:
tootz wrote:
is there an overlord template.so,we can build our own bad guys and minions?..im surprised there wasn't anything about it in the AC lots about making your own heroes/dungeons/adventures...but nothing about making our own bosses and minion groups.


There was nothing about balancing Heroes vs existing minions in the AC so expecting it to provide a frame work for building new minions is definitely not in there. Bosses are just evil heroes so that is there but setting up new minion profiles outside those provided, building overlord decks, etc. is not covered.

Some people have done some calculations to estimate what various minions are worth. Have you checked out the mantic.club forums. More stuff there along those lines.
Thanks Brad.
ive bought a few of the digital things [pnp] for the game..im using minis I have from various other games I have.and tilesets from descent etc.
but was looking at some of my pathfinder pawn sets.and looks like I could make some great boss/minion setups there.but as I said no templates for the overlord. I will check that forum out Brad...thanks again.


What you are generally going to find when designing minions is that the design space is pretty small. You have movement, Fight, and Armor. These have pretty limited ranges for base minions. For example movement will be 6-8, fight likely 2-4, and armor 1-4. Then you might add a special rule. If you look in the AC you will find that a Goblin and a Ghoul are actually exactly the same in the game. M7 F3 A2 Wounds:2. A human men at arms is almost the same with M7 F3 A3 Wounds 2 Plus the slam skill so he has 1 point more armor and a skill. Abyssal Guard is a Human Men At Arms with Fire swapped for Slam, Elves and Dwarves pick up an extra fight dice up to 4.

Interesting if you look at the elves and dwarf base warriors elves are faster by 2 , they have the same fight, same armor, both have 2 wounds, and slam but the elves also have Nimble. If you look at their power levels both list at 5 which seems wrong since the elf is clearly better. Ofcourse the Level is only used in the Uncharted rules and that is not really balanced so having poorly calibrated levels really does not matter.

So if you want to make some new minions just find an existing minion in the AC that is close and maybe change a single value or special rule and you are good to go. You do not need rules for it since no where does it provide any rules to use the existing minions in a balanced way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.