Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Panzer '44» Forums » Variants

Subject: Moving away from the plotted movement system and to a card driven system rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Sutherland
msg tools
mbmb
Use a normal player card deck. Black cards move transport & armor mobile units and red cards move infantry & transport based units. (Transport units can move on either color) Assign a value to the unit 1-3 heavy tanks are 3 mediums are 2 and scout etc are 1. All infantry are 1. Artillery and Antitank can fire on either color. Double the cost if you wish to use the other color to move a unit. So Infantry is double being moved/fired by a black card)

The value of the cards 2-10 are the amount of points you may move on that card. So a 10 black card could move or fire 5 medium tanks. Mark units moved or fired with a marker. They can not be used again until all units are moved/fired even if you sit still on a move. If you wish to move something that is not of the card color the costs are double.

All face cards except aces are worth 10 and also call in an off board artillery strike. I used a 10 sided die to see if I hit. 7-10 is a direct hit 1-6 is the direction of the drift. Roll a D6 divide by 1/2 and round up to find the drift distance.

Each player deals 12 cards out to themselves and orders them in any order they wish. As cards flip the higher card goes first so you can play some double move games if you time things right especially at the end of the turn. A turn is completed when the larger of the two sides has moved all their units. Remove moved marker and advance the turn marker and start a new turn.

To simulate the allied advantage of operations, allow the Allied player to look at 1-12 of the cards and decide to keep or pass to the German. You can bid sides by recording how many cards you would allow to be viewed as the Germans. Also if early in the war give the preview advantage to the Germans instead of the allies.

As the cards are dealt out if an Ace appears the card is flipped right away and replaced by another card. This card is an airstrike card use like an artillery attack.

I've used this simple system in miniatures games and it works very well and will apply itself to Panzer 44 easily.

I am also preparing a complete set of counters from early war till around 1944 for the Brits, French, Italians, Americans, Germans and Russians for use with this system.

Any TOE experts who would like to volunteer to review the values I can send you a copy of the XL spreadsheet to review. Once the core units are done I will add a French and Italian army for 1940 and North Africa battles. And lastly I will try and add minor countries like Romania, Finland etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. H.
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is a great idea to adopt any "simov" games to the modern world.

Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Sutherland
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks! Thought the rules up the night before doing a miniatures demo at a tank museum event. Took 90 minutes to come up with and tune.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.