Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a first printing promo in this game ( Rick and Morty: Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind Deck-Building Game)?

I didn't see any mentioned on the box art graphic shown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
That image is an early prototype.
There is a 1st Printing Promo.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Barlow
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At GenCon, was this the 'Promo Rick' taped outside the box? I did not find any promos inside the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Multicron wrote:
At GenCon, was this the 'Promo Rick' taped outside the box? I did not find any promos inside the box.

Yes, it was taped outside for the Gen Con pre-sale.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She's such a Geek
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So how does that work? Is it just a Gen Con pre-sale kind of thing or will I still get one for pre-ordering from a Canadian store online? soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
AmberWoywitka wrote:

So how does that work? Is it just a Gen Con pre-sale kind of thing or will I still get one for pre-ordering from a Canadian store online? soblue

All of the first printing come with the promo. As long as you receive it this year, you will get the promo.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She's such a Geek
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks! I can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
AmberWoywitka wrote:

All of the first printing come with the promo. As long as you receive it this year, you will get the promo.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

That's great news because I've had it pre ordered at my FLGS for a month!

When should I expect it to arrive, anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Homey_Christ wrote:
When should I expect it to arrive, anyway?

Late November.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
AmberWoywitka wrote:

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

It's only just arrived in the UK and no promo - it seems we're consistently an afterthought with Cryptozoic stuff...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Captain Gertcha wrote:
It's only just arrived in the UK and no promo - it seems we're consistently an afterthought with Cryptozoic stuff...

We would love to get you First Printings. Tell your FLGS to pre-order to make sure they get boxes from the first wave. We aren't delaying UK orders on purpose. We send when stores buy.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
Captain Gertcha wrote:

We would love to get you First Printings. Tell your FLGS to pre-order to make sure they get boxes from the first wave. We aren't delaying UK orders on purpose. We send when stores buy.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

It's not the fault of games stores at all, I follow the Asmodee release sheets. This game and all the DC deck building stuff from Rogues onward has only become available from distribution in the last 2 weeks. No other game companies (that I know of) have that sort of unexplained delay and come with the relevant promos generally.

There was a similar problem when your first Rick and Morty game released, nothing in the UK for months, your CS had no clue why.

I love your games but not having the same chance to get promos is disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Right. Not saying it's the store's fault. But if a store pre-orders, that will generate orders at the distributor, which might be where the actual problem lies. If a distributor is slow to order, that prevents the stores from getting the early copies.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I honestly don't see what point you're making - it can't be coincidence that all the Cryptozoic stuff pretty much shows up for order at once - stores can't order what they haven't been offered - believe me I tried!

At this stage there's nothing that can materially be done about this, it's a situation that likely will not change - will there at least be some released to BGG store or am I going to have to feed Ebay scalpers for the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like it is the distributor failing to put our stuff on the order sheets. We aren't deliberately holding anything back from anyone.

As for promos, we hadn't considered putting R&M promos on the BGG E-store, but I just added it to the docket, so it should happen. Eventually.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cool, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.