Popular Tags: [View All]
ralf gutzeit
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
From a distance Hansa and Oasis look to be the best of
Nurenburg 2004. Anyone have first hand knowledge about
this? I'm sure Dos Rios will be interesting as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kieninger
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Re:Hansa and Oasis best on neu stuff?
Not sure what all the new stuff is, but I liked Hansa and didn't care for Oasis. Oasis seemed awfully random and prone to the rich getting richer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ralf gutzeit
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
Frithuric (#32338), I'm starting to hear some negative stuff
regarding Oasis lately. Hansa seems to be liked across the
board. LaStrada may be a possible hit as well. Time will tell. Hansa is a must buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gray
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does Hansa fair as a 2 player game?

b3000 (#32344),

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Davis
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
db3000 (#27935),
I'm in the same place you are - I'm interested in both Hansa and Oasis and I'd like to know if either/both are worth getting. But I did just read on Randy Cox's geeklist about the Gathering of Friends that no one like Hansa (seemed surprising to me - I thought I'd been reading lots of good stuff about it) and that Oasis was "great with 5, so-so with 4." Not much info to go on there, but I'm posting this to (hopefully) solicit responses. So, those of you who have played both - any opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Ludwick
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Marcus de Bassus (#32491),

Hansa plays very well as a 2-player game. Great turn angst with tough decisions to make while competing for a monoploly on markets and selling your goods at just the right moment. (I have not, however, played Oasis)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Granger
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarah,

I'm generally a fan of Schacht (love his Kontor and Web of Power for example), and although I can't really find a lot of fault with Hansa, it also did not really excite me either. I think there are much better games in the recent crop of releases, so if you need to be selective, I wouldn't put Hansa on the top of your list...somewhere in the middle probably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Davis
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Aardvark (#34031),
Thanks Richard. That's just what I wanted to know! Perhaps Ticket to Ride should be closer to the top?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Granger
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarah,

I definitely prefer Ticket to Ride over Hansa. Although currently I rate TtR at only a 7 (not really a "must buy"), I think it potentially has an upside to about 8. I still need to play it some more to firm up my opinion, however. In any case, I have always thoroughly enjoyed every TtR game that I have been involved in.

I personally also have Goa on my buy list. I don't own it yet but I have a feeling it will finally end up in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
db3000 (#27935),

I've played Hansa several times, and Oasis just once. I enjoyed them both. However, I am not a big fan of Web of Power / K&K and I'm not very excited by Hansa, either. So far, I think it is a good game, but not a great one. Oasis seems like it would be more fun to play; of course, it's hard to say after only one playing There is certainly a random element, but I think it is manageable, and helps move the game along quickly.

You mentioned Ticket to Ride - that is definitely worth getting. It plays quickly, the rules are simple, and there is plenty of opportunity to screw your friends (figuratively)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest (#34464),
I also have both games and will mostly agree with your comment on Oasis. The randomness is real, but meant to be, its a "fun" game as well as some strategy. A "tweener" if you will.
Hansa is also excellent.
Neither of these games are the end-all-be-all, but they both have their spots on my shelf and do see play.
I probably prefer Hansa, unless we have 5 (obviously); but Oasis plays GREAT with 5!
Love them both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.