Michael Van Schyndel
Canada
flag msg tools
IRONCON is a bi-city initiative of a buddy (in Montreal) and myself (in Ottawa) to start a NEW series of board-gaming events focusing on the MOST challenging games (hence the "IRON" in the name). By this we mean either in terms of difficulty, depth, endurance laugh , etc.

This IRONCON will take place starting Friday evening and ending Sunday afternoon in West OTTAWA (Future ones will occur in Montreal or Ottawa). Meal food and drink will be up to players but some refreshments and snacks will be provided and a BBQ dinner will be provided Saturday night.

The theme for our 3rd (Ottawa) IRONCON will be "SCI-FI games" so you can expect lots of great and grand science fiction oriented.

Games that are scheduled to be played are:Eclipse, Galactic Emperor, Lunar Rails, Star Trek Frontiers, Twilight Imperium 3, Star Wars Rebellion. In addition there will be 3 tournament games: Race For The Galaxy, Risk: Star Wars and Combat Commander with winners receiving a plaque.

SO....if you are interested and able to come for a session, a day, or a weekend, please contact me for more information...
Or visit our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1678398615814461/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Schyndel
Canada
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
Canada
Beaconsfield (Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks awesome! I'm not sure I can make it to the one in Ottawa but I'll for sure attend the Montreal event in the Fall.

Thanks for organizing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
Canada
Beaconsfield (Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! You need to put Xia: Legends of a Drift System on the list! Definitely fits the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwibbian wrote:
Oh! You need to put Xia: Legends of a Drift System on the list! Definitely fits the theme.

And Burning Suns, the old classic Stellar Conquest and the truly monstrous Godsfire.

When's the fall convention planned? I need a longer warning time in order to get ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fox
Canada
Beaconsfield (Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Forbidden Stars! I've wanted to learn that game for a while now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.