Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was just posted on twitter:
Quote:
When you're fighting off packs of zombies that are closing in on you, staying focused on the task at hand is pretty important. With the launch of the Zombicide: Black Plague Companion App, a lot of the games upkeep is taken care of virtually. Now players can concentrate on the important things in life...like staying alive.

Zombicide: Black Plague is a standalone cooperative boardgame for 1 to 6 players that brings the relentless zombie-killing action of Zombicide into a brand new fantasy setting! Players control a party of survivors as they fight to rid the land of an invasion of zombies controlled by the game itself. Survivors find weapons, learn spells, battle zombies, and gain experience. The more experienced they get, the more powerful they become, but the more zombies rise to face them!

The Zombicide: Black Plague Companion App serves as a digital replacement for the Survivor Dashboards used in the boardgame to keep track of each character’s equipment inventory, experience and skills. And the app goes beyond that, offering players some cool extra aids as well.

Some of the features of the Companion App include:

• A virtual deck of equipment cards allows you to easily control your survivors' inventory, switching cards around with a flick of the wrist and no fear of cards slipping around.

• You can also let the app control the Zombie spawning deck, for an even easier time!

• As you gain experience and new Danger Levels, your new Skill options are automatically displayed, and the app incorporates any pertinent new game effects.

• Having a hard time keeping track of your actions as you gain new free ones? With the Action Bar, you can tick off each specific action as you take it, so you always know what actions you have left.

• Roll virtual dice for any of your equipped weapons, automatically calculating successful hits according to any combat skills you may have (and with sound effects to boot!)

• Choose any of the Survivor characters, including the promos. Up to 24 Survivors can be managed on the same device.

• Network capabilities! Each player can use their own device if preferred, and the app will maintain the whole game-state gracefully!

The Zombicide: Black Plague Companion App is available now on iOS and Android.

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombicide-black-plague-compa...
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cmon.Black...

Source: https://cmon.com/news/zombicide-black-plague-companion-app-n...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Becker
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
badge
Banana!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Came here to post the same thing...I like the idea of having my survivors stuff on my players board...but I like the idea of the Zombie deck and whatnot being taken care of by the app.

I wasn't a big fan of apps before, but once Mansions of Madness 2E came out, I've come around on the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, the player boards are convenient enough but the Zombie deck will definitely be replaced by the app most of the time.

I'm currently still downloading the app (it's 815 MB on iOS and my internet sucks) so I didn't have a chance to give it a try. The network capabilities sound interesting though.

I'm generally fine with apps (like MoM2e and Descent: RTL), as long as they aren't superfluous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! although I did just sleeve the zombie deck. yuk No more shuffling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how i feel about this one. I love that its free! I hope they update the modern Zombicide app with all the expansions to be free...

-rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zakoholic wrote:
• You can also let the app control the Zombie spawning deck, for an even easier time!

Well fuck.

(j/k; glad there's official support for something like that, and depending on how it's implemented I might still maintain my own project)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this working for people?

Just downloaded it on my phone (Android) and every time I click New game, it says there was an error and to try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Working for me on iOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreatrudini wrote:
Working for me on iOS.

Same here. iPad Air 2 with iOS 10.3.1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
working great on my nexus 7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danimal13 wrote:

Damn. I was hoping it was an Android issue. Still not working on my Nexus 6. Tried rebooting, clearing cache, reinstalling. No dice.

CMON were really good with updating their Xenoshyft app when it came out, hopefully this will be resolved quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played around with it for a bit. I hope the add the quests for ease of set up and that could be updated with the new ones on the website.

A great bonus, is that it makes it super easy to proxy the survivors you don't have!! yay for us retail backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Thompson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
What set is the Erik Summoner! card from? I didn't know this card existed! It is number 165.
Edit:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Thompson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
One thing that I do not like is that you can't customize the number of cards you are adding from an expansion. If you add the Zombie Bosses Abomination Pack, you get all of the cards in the pack. You can't just add a single Abomination or limit the number of cards of each Abomination in the deck. One workaround is ignoring the ones you don't want. But what do you do when you want to play with one of each Necromancer? It will be difficult keeping track of the ones you've used thus far in a game.

Another issue I found is with the skill Destiny. When you are using a hero to search who has this skill, the game automatically asks if you want to keep your search (as it should). If I select Replace, it replaces automatically. If I selected Keep, the card didn't always appear where it was supposed to appear for me to add it to my pack. What I did to remedy this is pick up and drop a piece of gear I had equipped. This caused the searched item to appear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtpoke wrote:
What set is the Erik Summoner! card from? I didn't know this card existed! It is number 165.
Edit:

This was one of the recent Dice Tower Season 13 promos:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dice-tower-season-13-podc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Drew
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played around with it. Being able to have everyone's character(s) on their own phones is pretty impressive. The trading screen might need a little extra work or explanation, and I also had the problem with a card disappearing, and the same type of thing when drawing a card from the vault deck, so hopefully that'll get patched.

I do agree that I really want some more fine control on the zombie spawn deck, taking out extra copies of certain cards. My first try had me spawning a named necro I didn't recognize (not sure which 'pack' to remove to get rid of her yet), a different named necro, a regular spawn that was 'Nothing in Sight' on level blue, and then a second copy of the first named necro. Not the greatest start.

For a 1.0 version though, it's a B+ effort in my view.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Thompson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
I have all the expansions and wanted to do a test run with the Companion App. I checked all the boxes and this was my first building spawn with 3 rooms.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jtpoke wrote:
I have all the expansions and wanted to do a test run with the Companion App. I checked all the boxes and this was my first building spawn with 3 rooms.cry

Perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Ørum
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmb
This app needs A LOT more work to be usable. It is clunky and slow, and needs to be a lot more customizable.

The point is to make things LESS fiddly than using the cards..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
danimal13 wrote:

Damn. I was hoping it was an Android issue. Still not working on my Nexus 6. Tried rebooting, clearing cache, reinstalling. No dice.

CMON were really good with updating their Xenoshyft app when it came out, hopefully this will be resolved quickly.

Just heard back from them. They claim it's a bug that specifically affects the Nexus 6 on Android 7. D'oh. They said they're working on a fix. C'est la vie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Aho
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really excited to use this for the zombie spawn cards but unfortunately I will use it no longer. Having all of the necromancers and the abominations in the deck makes it impossible. Within 3 turns I had drawn 8 necromancer cards and auto lost because 2 necromancers spawned in the same space and then escaped because they were within range 1 of each other and I had 7 spawn zones on the board. Dang. I had high hopes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried it out too just to handle spawning. I wish it it would spawn for spawn point and not just pull the first card off the top. For example if I pull a double spawn, the next click would pull both cards and so forth for triple spawns. It seems like a easy fix to take the thinking out of it as sometimes I start to get confused with multiple doubles in a row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.