Subject: 2 more questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrik Atrox
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, friends.
In my last game there were 2 situations i didn't know how to solve. Let's see if you can give me a hand:

1) In spring, my opponent plays Movilize, and actívate an area. I play Harvest.
Summer Season Card is Redeployment. My opponent choses to take out his activation token, i chose return to my hand Harvest order. My opponent has in play Movilize order from previous season. I have no Order Cards in play.
We both have Heroes.
Question: who start Quest Phase?

2) This one is more simple. If I have "Covenant of Blood" Development Card and play Tactic Card "Reinforcements". How many Blood Sisters do i recruit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Numanser wrote:
1) In spring, my opponent plays Movilize, and actívate an area. I play Harvest.
Summer Season Card is Redeployment. My opponent choses to take out his activation token, i chose return to my hand Harvest order. My opponent has in play Movilize order from previous season. I have no Order Cards in play.
We both have Heroes.
Question: who start Quest Phase?

I could have sworn this was asked and put in the Compiled Rulings thing I keep, but I'm not seeing it, so either I forgot to record it or I'm imagining things.

However, I would say that for the quest phase, you use the initiative order of whatever card you played in the Spring, regardless of whether you picked it back up or not. So in your example, I'd say he goes first, then you.

Quote:
2) This one is more simple. If I have "Covenant of Blood" Development Card and play Tactic Card "Reinforcements". How many Blood Sisters do i recruit?

I would be inclined to say you only get 1. This is based on another ruling that says if you recruit using Reinforcements, you have to use the shape on the card, regardless of "replacement options" (IE, you couldn't say I'm Recruiting Two Rectangles, and then use them to get Forest Guardians instead of Pegasus Riders). I would say the number printed on the card is the limit you get.

However, I think these are both good questions, and I will add them to my list of questions to ask Corey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrik Atrox
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello, Scott.
Thanks for the quick answer.
1) We played that way in our game with a friend. We didn't know what rule aplies, so we take a Fate Card and the higher decides. He won. He give me your arguments. I will congratulate him when see him again.
Agreed.

2) Disagree. Based on shape, at least i recruit 2 Circle units, menaning at least 2 Blood Sisters. But my question points that since "Covenant of Blood" gives you 2 Sisters "when recruiting" one (not when resolving a Recruit Order Card), and Reinforcements says: "recruit... 2 Circles"... Well, do i recruit 2 sisters or 4? That's the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Numanser wrote:

2) Disagree. Based on shape, at least i recruit 2 Circle units, menaning at least 2 Blood Sisters. But my question points that since "Covenant of Blood" gives you 2 Sisters "when recruiting" one (not when resolving a Recruit Order Card), and Reinforcements says: "recruit... 2 Circles"... Well, do i recruit 2 sisters or 4? That's the question.

I would say 2. I don't think it was intended to act like a "regular" recruit.

I should point out, the rules for getting the new units also use the word "recruit": "Each of the new units can be recruited in place of a unit from the base game".

However, it was ruled by Corey that this does NOT include recruits with the Reinforcement card. This mostly would matter for the Elves, but it means they can't say "I'm recruiting two rectangles" and then place two Forest Guardians on the board. I suspect the same ruling will apply to the Blood Sisters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrik Atrox
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok. That make sense. Sisters are not "regular" recruited with Reinforcements, so the Covenant doesn't actívate.
I'll play the way you suggest for now... anyway, if you got any confirmation from Corey, I would apreciate if you share it with me, just to be sure.
Thanks a lot, man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the response I got, basically confirming the above:

ME
The Redeployment summer card reads: "Each player may either return 1 used Order card from the table to his hand or remove 1 of his activation tokens from the game board." Since this is summer, right before the quest phase, does taking back the Spring order card affect turn order for Questing? I would say no, that you still use the card you played in spring to determine order, even if you picked it back up.

COREY
You can take back your Spring order card and this would not affect Questing.

ME
The Covenant of Blood development card says "When recruiting, for each Blood Sister your recruit, you gain 2 Blood Sisters instead." Does this apply when recruiting using the "Reinforcements" tactics card? IE, if you choose Circle, would you get FOUR blood sisters? I lean towards "no", based on a previous ruling, where you said that the shapes don't affect replacement units (for example, you can't pick "rectangle" as Elves, then say "I'm taking two Forest Guardians instead of Pegasus Riders). IE, I think when it says 2 circles, that means you only get 2 circles, regardless of Covenant of Blood.

COREY
You’re correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrik Atrox
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you very much, Scott. You have a deep knowledge of this game rules, only comparable with Corey's himself!
You've helped me many times!
Gracias, de verdad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.