Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Rules for 1892 English Snakes and Ladders by Ayres rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike John
msg tools
Would anyone have the rules, or know where I can find the rules, for the circular 1892 English Snakes and Ladders game published by Frederick Ayres? Do they still exist?

http://www.gamesboard.org.uk/PICS/examples/1/r_snakesayres-1...

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If you just need rules of play, the game is so simple that rules for any version ought to be fine, but if you want the original antique rules, those will probably be very hard to find!

You could start watching online sales sites, but my guess is that you're more likely to see whole games for sale, if you see anything from this version at all, rather than the rules alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike John
msg tools
Yes. I was trying to find the original rules for that version of the game. I did not want an antique copy of them, but I just wanted to know what the rules were for the 1892 game. Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm all but certain the rules would be the same as any newer version -- there's really nothing that could be changed! Except for variations in the board design and what has been used for randomizing, the game hasn't changed in centuries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.