Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Evans
United States
Rossville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, after finishing up our first full run, I was discussing everything I will be getting from what I pledged. While looking over the campaign, I noticed there, in the core set, is an invader model listed. Yet it didn't come with the core set? Maybe I missed an announcement, but I do not recall them saying they were removing the figure.

Note, I am not talking about the invader expansion, by the list on the campaign there is suppose to a a single invader mini.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Larkus
Germany
Silent Hill
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an announcement. Nr.97 (January 10th)

Quote:
Invaders Update
We all like to invade right?
We all like to invade right?

One thing you may notice is missing from the Core rulebook is Invaders, this was a decision made by the design team towards the tail end of development on the Core game and we’ve been weighing up which way to go for the past few weeks.

When it comes to putting together a rulebook the order and layout of information is of paramount importance, striking the correct balance of what information is needed upfront and what information is needed at specific times is the key to a well written set of rules. For example, when playing in your first session you don't need to know how bosses function in combat until you get to the boss room... So putting these rules ahead of all of the rules you need to know before you reach a boss wouldn't make any sense.

Invaders function as a combination of a Grunt and a Boss and the way in which you encounter them is unlike anything else in the game, which led to their placement in the Core rulebook always feeling out of place.

To elaborate, the ideal placement in the book would be:
Just after Embers.
Just before Encounters.
Just before Grunt Behaviours.
… Just after Boss behaviours.
… And just after Icons.

As you can see, with the layout of the rulebook there were just too many boxes to try and tick to get them in the right spot. The rules for the Invaders will be provided in a separate rules pamphlet in the Invaders expansion box.

So what does this mean for the Core Box Invader?
We’ve made the decision to remove the Invader from the Core box, and move him to the Invaders expansion.

So what does this mean for Kickstarter Backers?
All it means for our Backers is that you’ll have to wait for Wave 2 until you can have Invaders in your games. You’ll still be getting all of the models seen on the campaign page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Oliver
msg tools
My bet is they didn't have room for it in the box and had to come up with an excuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Woofs the Third
msg tools
It's possible that they ran of space for it in the box, but I'm sure they could have fit it in somewhere, since it is just the size of a regular small enemy.

On the other hand, I am extremely suspicious that the reason for the Dancer model change was box space, not a weirdly late request from Bandai Namco. The original Dancer would be significantly taller than the current version, and the current version is already around as tall as all the other boss models. There is no way they could have fit the original model into the box without increasing the entire box's height.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Oliver
msg tools
That is what I was thinking as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corban Caldwell
msg tools
Has anyone here read the updates? I would check there as thats usually where information is posted about changes. In short, the rules for invaders is a bit complex and would make the rules (which are already a jumbled mess) more of a headache. So theyve moved the mini to the invaders expansion where theyll have an entire booklet for how they are used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.