Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Dungeon Crawler» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attacks and Damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to attack the enemy 2x in the same action?

Right now, just the Mummy is in play. It is a 3/2 (at the moment)

I can attack 2 separate times and kill it...

Also... the dungeon had a HUGE score against my defense. (14-1) I played brawl... so I took no damage at all? But losing that defense, meant I lost the damsel? Did I play that right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:
Is it possible to attack the enemy 2x in the same action?

Right now, just the Mummy is in play. It is a 3/2 (at the moment)

I can attack 2 separate times and kill it...

Also... the dungeon had a HUGE score against my defense. (14-1) I played brawl... so I took no damage at all? But losing that defense, meant I lost the damsel? Did I play that right?


#1 It's not possible to attack 2x, but it is possible to apply additional wounds if you have the right cards in your hand to play (e.g. Rapid Strike).



#2 If by brawl you mean Brawling, yes, you avoid the wound by "spending" the card from your permanence play area and yes, you would lose the damsel quest if you didn't win attack and defense together.


3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!!! Thanks!!

The game is not that hard... the online helps are HUGE!!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
simpsonps121 wrote:
Awesome!!! Thanks!!

The game is not that hard... the online helps are HUGE!!!


I'm curious...
Do you mean not that hard to win, or not that hard to learn?

Cheers!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it is hard to learn. There are questions, not a doubt. But I think it is possible to figure out. ;-)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, a followup question.

Attacking Greenknee -

I am attacking him with a short bow. So does this get rid of his range bonus?

I am able to do a wound (he has no other characters with him) and now I am trying to figure out how much damage I need to defend. I think it is merely 3...

Follow that up, Reaver will come into play, but since there are none out, he will not recover a wound. But he should still summon 1 undead or spirit that is cost 2 or less, right?

Thanks!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:
OK, a followup question.

Attacking Greenknee -

I am attacking him with a short bow. So does this get rid of his range bonus?


Yes, because you have met the distance of his bonus.

simpsonps121 wrote:
I am able to do a wound (he has no other characters with him) and now I am trying to figure out how much damage I need to defend. I think it is merely 3...


It is only 3, unless there's an environment or trap or something else that gives his attack a boost.

simpsonps121 wrote:
Follow that up, Reaver will come into play, but since there are none out, he will not recover a wound. But he should still summon 1 undead or spirit that is cost 2 or less, right?

Thanks!!


This is correct.
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
See here: http://dungeoncrawler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=793&sta...
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome response!!

Ok, more questions.

GreenKnee and Graveyard are in play. Young Granite Dragon is faceup on the deck (busted last round.)

Because of Summon, Ghoul is added.

Now, I also put Young Granite Dragon in play at the beginning of the next round?

I think this is impossible for me to win. That is more stamina then I can come up with to defeat. (7 stamina, +1 from graveyard =8) Short sword and longsword have already been used, and I can't pull them from the deck. All is left is 1 fire, and 1 staff.

So... I guess I just call it quits.

Other notes: Does the bust/pull cycle just keep throwing enemies at me? Even if there are tons of points I can't deal with?

What happens when various attacks are used? In this case Fire, and Magic. I just assume I use whichever damage I can not block.
Drain - It comes into play even if I can stop the damage? If I lose the defense battle, drain happens?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:
Awesome response!!

Ok, more questions.

GreenKnee and Graveyard are in play. Young Granite Dragon is faceup on the deck (busted last round.)

Because of Summon, Ghoul is added.

Now, I also put Young Granite Dragon in play at the beginning of the next round?


Yes, YGD is "pulled" at the start of the round.

simpsonps121 wrote:
Other notes: Does the bust/pull cycle just keep throwing enemies at me? Even if there are tons of points I can't deal with?


If you "pull" a card into the dungeon, that's it for the round. It isn't until the start of the next round that you "flip" the top dungeon card and then the round after that is then "pulled" into the dungeon.

simpsonps121 wrote:
What happens when various attacks are used? In this case Fire, and Magic. I just assume I use whichever damage I can not block.


It is irrelevant what kind of attack is being used unless there's an immunity in place or some other kind of effect that alters the damage based on type.

simpsonps121 wrote:
Drain - It comes into play even if I can stop the damage? If I lose the defense battle, drain happens?



No, only if you can't block the attack of the monster that has Drain as an attribute. If you can activate the monster with Drain before it can attack, Drain won't trigger either.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume there are cards that activate monsters? The only way I see to activate the monsters in the starter set is when they attack.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, cards like Striding Strike





2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:
Follow that up, Reaver will come into play, but since there are none out, he will not recover a wound. But he should still summon 1 undead or spirit that is cost 2 or less, right?

If Greenknee does not have a Creature to target, he does not activate Reaver, and therefore does not summon. Summon is a sub-attribute to Reaver. Reaver requires two conditions, Greenknee must be wounded and there must be a target Creature to reave.

Excellent questions btw, glad you're liking it so far!

(And, thank you Stephen for your spot on answers!)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that would have made a huge difference!! Thanks!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.