Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Rebs
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"We absolutely loved it for a lot of reasons, and one of them was because of its 'clock-watcher' AI." - Rahdo, discussing Diceborn Heroes as part of his #2 pick for Top 10 Game AIs.

https://youtu.be/WlIFTSadoOk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah saw that. Watched the play-through too and I'm interested in actually doing a variant of how they handle multiple initiative results. That is to say if a the monster attacks heroes that have the same initiative, roll a die to determine which one takes the damage, rather than we pick who gets to take the damage. (#1-3 left most hero - #4-6 right most hero. Or if 3 of them have the same initiative, #1-2 Left #3-4 Middle, #5-6 Right.)

It would make it more random and I think ramp up the difficulty a bit. Or at least give it some suspense. just an idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kos blaat
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
SgtTenor wrote:
if a the monster attacks heroes that have the same initiative, roll a die to determine which one takes the damage, rather than we pick who gets to take the damage. )

Or at least give it some suspense. just an idea.

I can see some merit to the idea at high levels (3-4) but in general terrible idea. There is enough randomness in the game, and it's tactically important to have this freedom. Else you would die too often. When normally your healer could save you, while you are shielding the healer, in your version the healer would simply die.
Really, leave that to the creator and playtester: I'm confident such variants have been tried and rejected.
You should get the pnp version ($5) and try out for yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.