Subject: Wanterlust rule too cruel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stathis saprikis
Greece
Athens, Greece
flag msg tools
mb
Lets say its a 2p game. Player red starts a turn with 6 unassigned hunters (and an elder rank 6) and player green with 3 (and a rank 6 elder) .Flipping the event card, there is elder die rolling , killing green elder. After that there is chaos, so player red loses 3 and green losses 2. After chaos comes wanterlust event, so according to rules player green changes the last green unassigned hunter for a wanterlust red from the pool. His game is ended having a red cube useless... Is that right? Should i apply wanderlust rule in this case? I find it very cruel, becoming a lazarus species in phase one of a single turn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isrraka otro
msg tools
Maybe I'm wrong, I'm just learning to play, but I think wanterlust hunters are added to the other player's unassigned hunters.
It's not a "change" it's an "add".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Isrraka. /edit/ The wanderlust rule represents hunters wandering away from a group with no effective leader, and joining another group peacefully. This is the reason there is no replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isrraka otro
msg tools
cool laugh

Awesome game Phil, as always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Faanes
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, remember that vocabulary disks protects from chaos (if the number of hunters is same or less than the number of vocabulary discs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike W
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes, everything about this game is cruel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stathis saprikis
Greece
Athens, Greece
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks to all for your replies. For my first two play sessions i completely forgot the first part of 'chaos immunity' rule and also messed how wanderlust works. Neanderthal is great fun to play and i had added much more cruelty than the initial design and intention!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McVie
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejnro wrote:
Also, remember that vocabulary disks protects from chaos (if the number of hunters is same or less than the number of vocabulary discs).

This - missed that in my first run-through, safe to say there was a lot of avoidable chaos related Deadpool movement...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.