Indonesia» Forums » Rules

Subject: shipping hull question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Go
msg tools
the rulebook says you can only transport one good per production company per
hull

1. if i have 2 rice plantations under 1 company shipping to 2 cities via the same chain of ships. The ships hull capacity is 1.

I can only ship 1 of my goods to one city? I cannot reuse the same chain of ships to ship my 2nd good because I already used it to ship my 1st good?

2. if I have 2 rice plantations shipping via 2 ships with hull 2 to a level 2 citys Correct amount to pay the ship company is 10 or 20?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot use a ship with hull size one twice with the same company. And you pay for each good, for each ship. So if you ship two goods, and use two ships for each good, you pay 20 rupiahs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Go
msg tools
Thanks! if I have 2 plantations shipping to a level 2 city
over 2 ships with hull 2 do I pay 10 or 20 in shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
What makes this example different from the previous one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Go
msg tools
sorry misread last message, I thought that ships can carry 2 goods at the aame time if shipping to a level 2 city paying only 5 per ship if hull 2, I guess hull means you can just reuse the ship again to ship another good from a plantation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems as if you're making this much more complicated than it actually is! Hull is simply the number of goods each ship can carry during a single player turn. So if hull is 2, every ship in that company can transport 2 goods when a player is delivering goods. It might help if you do as the rule book suggests, and place a 5 rupee token on each ship used as you deliver a good. Each ship, then, can only have as many tokens next to it as its hull value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest using the 5 rupiah coins that came with the game for this, even if playing with poker chips. It really helps with figuring out routes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rogers
United States
Yakima
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.
mb
So...

If you use ONE ship with a hull capacity of 3 to transport 3 goods a distance of one to a level three city, do you pay $5 ($5 per ship) or $15 ($5 per good)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 5 per good per ship used. So, in your case $15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.