Machina Arcana» Forums » General

Subject: My OCD is now calm... For a while rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of days ago I decided that I needed to do something with my meaningless life, so I went and buy some stuff (a cutting board, some glue, some foamboard and something else).
After some thought, I choose MA to be my guinea pig and made my first organizer. It bothered me that the game was like a can of worms: I opened it the first time and never again could put everything in the box, so I was looking for boxes or something were I coul store the pieces that didn't fit (dice, some tokens some monsters and chars).
After a couple of days, I could manage to make what you can see in the pictures... It's a little rough (it's my first try), but now I can put everything in the box and it fits like a glove.
I'm kinda proud of it.
Enjoy!

So... How can I put all the map tiles without crushing the monsters?

Yeah... Looks good, but... Will fit in the box?

It did fit! How will it look with some stuff in it?

And now, monsters and characters only meet in the arena for the slaughter!

And this is how (almost) all fit in now from this side...

And from this other side

Now we add the player boards...

...and the maps tiles

And finally this is how it all looks now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahahaha! You're insane! Wonderful idea, but... Insane!
Hope to see you on the upcoming campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting eagerly for the second campaign and I'll surelly be there from day one!
And about the insanity thing, I don't know what come first. The insanity that made me play the game or the game that make me insane... Either way, I enjoy both of them, the insanity and the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks fantastic!

Do you have any measurements you could provide? I definitely think I'd like to replicate this for my own set!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heretic_dave wrote:
Do you have any measurements you could provide? I definitely think I'd like to replicate this for my own set!

I have a very early draft... I need a couple of days to make something more useful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean
msg tools
mbmb
Now that is a REALLY nice job...well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This should be a stretch goal in the new campaign!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Damn.
Why did you need to create such a beautiful and useful thing?!

Now I need to make something similar for the new Box..
(sent you a message)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asipu wrote:
Damn.
Why did you need to create such a beautiful and useful thing?!

Now I need to make something similar for the new Box..
(sent you a message)

Woohoo! Sounds awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean
msg tools
mbmb
YAY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nekrodamus wrote:
heretic_dave wrote:

I have a very early draft... I need a couple of days to make something more useful

And a couple of days after... Here it is!

This is the distribution of the pieces (the orange lines are changes in height of the pieces):

In case there is some doubt, here is a second distribution:

Here is the distance between pieces:

And here are all the pieces and dimensions:

Notes:
All dimensions are in MM
I used 5 mm foamboard
The base is 292x292

And as someone would say:
The author does not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained on this post and accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage howsoever arising. laughlaughlaugh

Enjoy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gabriel, looks like you got some official backing from Juraj there too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heretic_dave wrote:
Thanks Gabriel, looks like you got some official backing from Juraj there too!

Well... Is that or some lawsuit for copyright infringement... I'm not sure which one I'll bet laughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
DON'T CEASE AND DESIST DEMAND
Pursuant to Title 17 of the United States Code
June 1, 2017
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina

Dear Mr. Marquez:
This law firm represents Machina Arcana. If you are represented by legal counsel, please direct this letter to your attorney immediately and have your attorney notify us of such representation.
We are writing to notify you that your unlawful DIY box inserts infringes upon our client’s exclusive copyrights, and makes him jelly. Accordingly, you are hereby directed to
NOT CEASE AND DESIST IN CREATING COOL STUFF.
Machina Arcana is the owner of a copyright in various aspects of the box. Under United States copyright law, Machina Arcana’s copyrights have been in effect since the date that box was created. All copyrightable aspects of Machina Arcana are copyrighted under United States copyright law.
It has come to our attention that you have been improving the current Machina Arcana box. We have copies of your unlawful endeavor to preserve as evidence. Your actions don't constitute copyright infringement in violation of United States copyright laws. Under 17 U.S.C. 504, although the consequences of this copyright infringement include a free box for the next campaign, and other stuff, at the discretion of the court, for willful infringement. If you continue to engage in copyright infringement after receiving this letter, your actions will be evidence of “willful infringement” and you will be dealt with accordingly.
We demand that you immediately (A) do not cease and desist your unlawful improving of Machina Arcana work and (B) provide us with prompt written assurance within ten (10) days that you will not stop with hurting muh feelings from further derivatives of Machina Arcana’s copyrighted works.
Accordingly, please sign and return the attached Agreement within ten (10) days to:
47°9′S 126°43′W
R'lyeh
Machina Arcana HQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Told ya...cry
Now I must try harder and do better...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haha, no rest for the wicked!

Edited to ask what type of glue did you use on the insert that worked ok with the foamboard?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically you are gluing (or glueing, you choose) two cardboard pieces, so any PVA glue will do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok, I wondered if that'd be too rigid and not flexible enough to take a lot of movement in the box from handling etc. I take it that's been working fine for you though - do you store your box flat or on its side?

If on its side then the weight of the components etc has been fine pushing down from top to bottom?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's not flexible, so if the box is damaged, it'll be too (and surely worse than the box!), but otherwise its pretty sturdy and can resist the movement of the components without any risk (including the heavy map tiles).
And I store the box flat (that insert will not hold anything in place if you put the box on its side)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So given Juraj's legal decree, when can I expect the vertical friendly one to be finished?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on the vertical-friendly, flexible, self-healing, black (more suitable for this game) version of the insert, but it'll take a little a while...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nekrodamus wrote:
I'm working on the vertical-friendly, flexible, self-healing, black (more suitable for this game) version of the insert, but it'll take a little a while...

I endorse this product!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.