1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: The Week of July 4th, 2007! A birthday gone badly. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Beasley
United States
flag msg tools
I’m very sorry for any of you that missed this weeks meeting. I’m not as sorry for you as I am for Dave, as the game that he wanted to play didn’t show up quick enough for him and he ended up leaving before the sun went down on his birthday.

Our night began by when Dave, Brandon & I arrived at the IHOP on Youree Drive near Bert Kouns Industrial Loop. When we began to set up in the back room I was surprised to find my mother’s preacher, Dennis Sims. He and I spoke for a few minutes and surprisingly he turned me down on playing games with us rather than preaching on Wednesday Nights, go figure, hell games are more fun than washing brains. But, I guess that we all have a job to do.

Anyway we got all set up and started our night off with a game of Ingenious between Dave, Brandon & myself. When we started to set up the game I realized that I had lost 2 of the tile stands for the game. For those of you that don’t know I use them in other games to hold my cards and therefore usually carry them in my bag rather in the Ingenious box. Anyway during our game John made it to the meeting. Well, Brandon must be on some kind of streak, since he won another game against his brother, Dave & I. Yes, Brandon’s low score in our game of Ingenious was 11 compared to my low score of 9 (I actually had 2 cubes at 9) and Dave’s low score of 7.

It was decided after our game of Ingenious, since we didn’t have 4 tile stands that we play another game. But, my games didn’t satisfy Dave and so we sat around and talked for quite a while. We talked long enough for Dave to realize the IHOP was too hot and humid for him. We talked and called Chris’ phone & Sarah’s parent’s phone trying to locate Chris who had the game that Dave wanted to play. Well, Chris & Sarah finally made it in around 8:15 pm and Dave left with his head hung low. Dave I’m sorry that you didn’t have a better birthday celebration by the Ark-La-Tex Gamers Association.

At the time that Dave found the exit we were determining that the next game of the evening would be RISK 2210 A.D. So, we set it up and began play around 8:30 pm, thank goodness this was a holiday and no one had to get to bed early. Well, not everyone, Brandon got a call before his set time to leave causing us to convert his pieces into a neutral player. Well, our game lasted about 3 hours, which if you know RISK 2210 A.D. that’s not a very long game. John was our big winner tonight with a score of 29 in the end. I wasn’t too far behind John with a score of 23, followed by Chris with a score of 11 and Sarah brought up the rear of our grim group with a score of 8.

Needless to say we were all a bit tired and I know that Chris, Sarah & I were a bit weary of RISK 2210 A.D. since we’ve played it a bit too much lately. I’m looking forward to another game of Zombies!!! or a game of Grave Robbers from Outer Space would be fun at our next meeting. Speaking of our next meeting it is scheduled for Dave’s place out on Crosslake, just eMail us with your telephone number or call one of us for his address and directions to his apartment.

This Blog is now being posted at, www.Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/A-L-T_Games and to

Big Al
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.