Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fire in scenario Escape from Innsmouth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondra ulrich
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello everyone,
I have a question that is related to fire set by monsters/app in that scenario. Does the fire spread as normal (I have to "set fire in the app") if the fire is set by app or by monsters?
Thank you for answer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
We played it that it did not.

When the game created a fire, at the end of the round, the game did not sad that "spread the fire", so we did not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondra ulrich
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bastion wrote:
We played it that it did not.

When the game created a fire, at the end of the round, the game did not sad that "spread the fire", so we did not.


Yeah we played it the same way, but the question is, if it is right or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While agree that the event should either automatically set the flag or have text to prompt the player, the fire should spread as normal at the beginning of the mythos phase. The event has you place a fire token and that token has clear rules associated with it.
The "set fire" option in the app is described as a reminder to help player track the step. But this flag is not the reason you spread fire, the presents of a token is the reason.
RRG page 9
Quote:
At the beginning of each mythos phase, before a mythos event is resolved, fire spreads.
• If one or more spaces contain Fire, place one Fire token in a space adjacent to a space that contains Fire.
• The app will display a reminder for this effect. When Fire is placed by the set fire action or a card effect, an investigator should select the "Set Fire" option from the in-game menu.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If the game created a Fire and did not mention it spreading, then it's either a bug, or you did not follow an instruction correctly (perhaps you accidentally clickerd the option to extinguish the fire). You should click the Set Fire button so it knows for the next round.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The app absolutely knows there is a fire when it starts one. If you didn't get the "fire spreads" notice, you might want to check if you're app needs an update.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Beeson

West Virginia
msg tools
Its the sky writers' code!
badge
I am so sick of that damn code!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
The app absolutely knows there is a fire when it starts one. If you didn't get the "fire spreads" notice, you might want to check if you're app needs an update.


This is not always the case. I have had a game where failing a combat check with a ghost caused a fire token be placed in an investigator's space. The app dosen't track if you pass or fail combat or horror checks, so it wouldn't know if a fire was set or not. I our case the player failed the check, and we had to manually account for spreading the fire.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case, it's not the app setting the fire, it's the investigators. Indeed you should select the set fire button in the app if you trigger such an optional effect.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is best to just think of the "set fire" flag in the app as an aid. It can be easy to forget about steps you need to make during the mythos phase, so just toggle it as you see fit. But remember it is on the players to remember to perform the fire spreading action.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbeeson wrote:
Gawain wrote:
The app absolutely knows there is a fire when it starts one. If you didn't get the "fire spreads" notice, you might want to check if you're app needs an update.


This is not always the case. I have had a game where failing a combat check with a ghost caused a fire token be placed in an investigator's space. The app dosen't track if you pass or fail combat or horror checks, so it wouldn't know if a fire was set or not. I our case the player failed the check, and we had to manually account for spreading the fire.


In that case, the app didn't start the fire, you did (by rolling poorly ;)). Anywho, I was talking about this specific case, where an event happens during the investigation that causes a fire to start. The app specifically tells you to place a fire token (and at that point it knows there is a fire that has started).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.