Subject: Immediate Help Needed - Saturn Systems/ Jovian tags rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are playing a game Right Now! And I need to know how my corporation works. One of my opponents just played a green card with a Jovian tag, does that make my money production go up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
These pretzels are making me thirsty
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the wording says any time the tag is put into play, not specifying by whom, which means any player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I tried so hard to look this up myself but my opponents were loosing patience, hehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does earth catapult work on itself. -2 cost for cards played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re4isnumber1 wrote:
Does earth catapult work on itself. -2 cost for cards played?

No, it only works after it is in play, that is for cards played afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The jovian says works on ANY, so any player triggers it.

Also the Jovian symbol has a red outline, red outline is iconography for any player in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished the game yesterday and it was awesome. All three of us loved it and can't wait to play again. Scores were 92-67-61.

What is a common score for a 3-player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Re4isnumber1 wrote:
Finished the game yesterday and it was awesome. All three of us loved it and can't wait to play again. Scores were 92-67-61.

What is a common score for a 3-player game?

Here's a thread with a few statistics:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1654557/help-needed-lets-co...

For games with the corporate era, 87-79-70 would be average
The sample size for standard games is too small to be reliable though

Sebastian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thats a lot of info, and answers that question, hehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought of another issue that came up in the game but we didn't want to slow down so we all just agreed to play it a certain way, which was obviously wrong.

There are a few hexes with bold text and in the rule book it mentioned that there is 3 reserved spots. At the time, I couldn't figure out what the 3 spots were because there was more than three with bold text. We decided to not be able to place on any of these bolded locations.

As I'm writing this, I believe that the three reserved locations might actually have been the two that are off the planet and the one for noctis city(I think that's what it's called). Is this correct, and does that imply that we were able to place tiles on the bolded hexes.

And if this is correct, and all four of those bolded locations were covered, what do you do if you get that one card that asks you to place a tile on one of those four locations?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re4isnumber1 wrote:
Just thought of another issue that came up in the game but we didn't want to slow down so we all just agreed to play it a certain way, which was obviously wrong.

There are a few hexes with bold text and in the rule book it mentioned that there is 3 reserved spots. At the time, I couldn't figure out what the 3 spots were because there was more than three with bold text. We decided to not be able to place on any of these bolded locations.

As I'm writing this, I believe that the three reserved locations might actually have been the two that are off the planet and the one for noctis city(I think that's what it's called). Is this correct, and does that imply that we were able to place tiles on the bolded hexes.

And if this is correct, and all four of those bolded locations were covered, what do you do if you get that one card that asks you to place a tile on one of those four locations?

Thanks in advance!

That's how we play it. Just three locations that can't be used until the requisite card comes up. All of the others are up for grabs, emboldened or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re4isnumber1 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Yes, your second guess is right. There are actually five bolded locations on the Mars map: Noctis City and four mountainous spots. Noctis City is reserved; the other spots are legal targets for the "Lava Flows" event. If all four of those spots are covered, then Lava Flows may not be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.