4 Posts

Pericles: The Peloponnesian Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Doubt with the 300 unit movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Olóriz
Spain
flag msg tools

I assume the 300 unit is as any other land unit, so it must stop in a theater if the condition to exit is not fulfilled.

Assuming that, I also assume that its value as stratego token is not taken into consideration for the battle when it stops in a Theater different from the Expedition Theater. But, is that movement still "free" (i.e. does not count to the total number of movements calculated from the initially committed stratego tokens), even when the unit has not stopped at the Expedition Theater? I feel answer is yes, but it would be good someone confirms that...Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Markheim wrote:

I assume the 300 unit is as any other land unit, so it must stop in a theater if the condition to exit is not fulfilled.

Assuming that, I also assume that its value as stratego token is not taken into consideration for the battle when it stops in a Theater different from the Expedition Theater. But, is that movement still "free" (i.e. does not count to the total number of movements calculated from the initially committed stratego tokens), even when the unit has not stopped at the Expedition Theater? I feel answer is yes, but it would be good someone confirms that...Thanks!

Yes, it moves like a Spartan cube

Yes, if stopped short of military expedition location, it does not count. However if later on a battle occurs at its location the Strategos does count.

Yes, it does not count toward committed Strategos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Olóriz
Spain
flag msg tools
MarkHerman wrote:

Yes, it moves like a Spartan cube

Yes, if stopped short of military expedition location, it does not count. However if later on a battle occurs at its location the Strategos does count.

Yes, it does not count toward committed Strategos.

Thank you for clarifying Mark!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Additional question in that thread - if 300 is in Expedition theater does it count as strategos (1 military strenght) and spartan cube/land unit (2 military strength) adding in total 3 to land battle and 1 to naval battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.