13 Posts

Adrenaline» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bot Respawning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Disaster Area
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a query regarding how bots respawn. At the beginning of the game, the starting player chooses where the bot spawns.

Who chooses where the bot re-spawns after it gets killed?

For example, in a 3-player game with a turn order of Player A, then Player B then Player C:

The bot is killed by Player B. At the end of player B's turn the bot is scored as normal. Which player chooses the bot's new position before the start of Player C's turn?
I'm guessing Player B, but I'm not certain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say the bot is in control of the next player that spawn the bot where he want and activate it, as the first player choose where to spawn the bot first.

after scoring the boards, C is in control of the bot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disaster Area
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense, thank you. The first player has the option to spawn the bot, spawn in next to it, grab a gun and lay into the bot so it would be consistent to let Player C do that in my example above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
merichards wrote:
I have a query regarding how bots respawn. At the beginning of the game, the starting player chooses where the bot spawns.

Who chooses where the bot re-spawns after it gets killed?

For example, in a 3-player game with a turn order of Player A, then Player B then Player C:

The bot is killed by Player B. At the end of player B's turn the bot is scored as normal. Which player chooses the bot's new position before the start of Player C's turn?
I'm guessing Player B, but I'm not certain.

I would have said it follows the normal respawn rules (draw a card and discard it, spawning at that location). I think letting the start player choose the spawn location is to make up for the lack of targets for the bot to shoot at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Skywalker
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played and came to the conclusion that the bot just doesn't die and therefor doesn't respawn.

The Bot section has rules for spawning it and scoring the board, but it's death and rebirth rules are missing. We assumed this meant they weren't needed.

We played that the bot takes lethal damage, scores at the end of turn, returns all damage markers and keeps on trucking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lmSkywalker wrote:
We just played and came to the conclusion that the bot just doesn't die and therefor doesn't respawn.

The Bot section has rules for spawning it and scoring the board, but it's death and rebirth rules are missing. We assumed this meant they weren't needed.

We played that the bot takes lethal damage, scores at the end of turn, returns all damage markers and keeps on trucking.

Interesting, I prefer this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Alexidor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The BOT plays (though restricted), dies and respawns like any player. When using the BOT you should have the proper player card out and place DMG and Markers on it like any other character.

The difference is, when the BOT's player card has both 'Adrenaline actions' unlocked, it can now deal a Mark when it deals DMG.

If the bot takes enough DMG to die via regular killshot, it is scored then repsawns as per the normal rules.

This wasn't indicated well in the rules and took a while to find out what the hell it meant.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually this does not resolve our dilemma. "It re spawns as per normal rules". Who re spawns it? The player that acted as bot this round, or the active player of next round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Alexidor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
Actually this does not resolve our dilemma. "It re spawns as per normal rules". Who re spawns it? The player that acted as bot this round, or the active player of next round?

The active player as the turn is not over yet until the BOTs respawn is resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Alexidor wrote:
Faso74it wrote:

The active player as the turn is not over yet until the BOTs respawn is resolved.

Nice try, but why?
In the normal game, when someone dies and respawns, it's never the active player that decides where it's going to respawn. So why this time should be the active player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Alexidor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Let's try to figure this out together!

I forgot that the BOT cannot use or have POWERUP cards, so it is irrelevant who chooses the BOTs respawn because no one really gets the authority on where he gets to go. When the BOT dies and comes time to respawn, since the BOT has no powerup cards to be able to choose a different spawn location, there is only 1 place he can go, regardless of who draws the card.

This sounding right to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this is convincing. So the bot respawns randomly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing the game in the moment alone to learn the rules.
And now I am figuring out how the bot respawns. I'm not sure if I understood you.
So in my case Yellow killed the bot. Yellow can't do anymore the bot action, because the bot is respawning at the end of Yellow's turn, right?
Ok. So in this order:

1. Yellow killed the bot with his second action.
2. Yellow reloads.
3. The bot's board is being scored.
4. The bot respawns by drawing a Power-Up card (Right?)
5. Any stuff that Yellow took is replaced.
6. Next player's turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.