Hide
6 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: SOTM Player vs Player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
scott bangs
msg tools
So just getting into this game, was thinking player vs player should be doable, with starting with double hit points.

All players complete their turns before damage is assigned.

Thoughts for any experienced players on this play type?

Thanks much,

S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried some 3v3 on the Greater Than Games forums a while back and it didn't work well at all. I don't remember all of the reasons why it didn't work, but slow-build heroes got wrecked and I don't think we ever came up with a satisfying and balanced way to handle ongoing/equipment destruction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every once in a while, someone comes along trying to make PvP work. I actually gave up on it, myself, just because the heroes really aren't balanced to play like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexa Elvrayen

California
msg tools
Youngest Legacy probably wins most matches, calling it now. A 3 damage innate that can't be shut off, ability to develop resistance to your most common damage type? ("What's that Ra? Can't deal fire damage?")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Stępiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't. Don't even bother, it has been tried many times over and it never got anywhere. Just play Sentinel Tactics- for all it's fault, that game was DESIGNED to be played in PvP, this one is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Pro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I remember one Sentinels game we won pretty quickly and afterward I suggested "Hey, after we win, wanna PvP?"

The other two players were up for it, and fully-ramped Unity wiped out my Nightmist quickly.

They still make fun of me for PvPing in Sentinels, often!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.