Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: No Race tokens anymore ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What happens if a player managed to lose all his Race tokens?
I think he will be forced to put his Race in decline, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
I think not. If it is last turn and there are still tokens from the previous declined race could be better to not decline your active race even if you dont have any tokens of it. In the rules dont say anything (so nothing forced) so I think you could choose to deploy your zero tokens and just grab the points of your previously declined rce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you are not forced to decline but I can't imagine many times when you wouldn't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
Declining still takes a turn. I used to think that since your active race was effectively gone, you could pick a new race right away, but that's not the case. Your active race is still active if you lose all the tokens. That means it still takes you a turn to go into decline (a turn in which you'll score 0 points unless your active race is Stout).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
you are not forced to decline but I can't imagine many times when you wouldn't

If your earlier race is still at large and doing its thing successfully, that may be an incentive. Going into decline will make the earlier race go away, even if there is nothing left to replace it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and having a peace loving or alchemist active race means 3 or 2 points anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.