Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Uherske
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
After a particularly grueling work week (do I say that every week?), some friends agreed to gather on Friday night for a few games -- including our guest of honor Cliff, an old childhood friend of mine, in town only temporarily.

As is our etiquette, Cliff was given the first selection, and wouldn't you know it, he picked Stage II. I hardly ever get to play this game, but I'd played it at just the last session. We'd had a continuous streak of 10 games played with no repeat appearances, but this brought it to an end with a particularly unlikely selection.

Normally I love this game, and indeed I did have a splendid time playing it once again. But my brain was truly fried. I pride myself on being quickest to the draw in this game, but tonight I was a step slow, someone (usually Ben) beating me to the punch. Nor did I have the lateral thinking capabilities that are normally mine with regular sleep.

The answer "themes" were delightful as always, including: things associated with Howard Hughes, words associated with the word "drop," words from Shakespearean comedy titles, Madame Butterfly, Carl Sandburg, names of popes, Saturday Night Live cast member first names, names of animal groups, famous illegitimate children, and famous alcoholic writers. We had one amusing interlude when everyone was guessing "Olympic cities" when the answer was actually "World's Fair" cities. Wouldn't you know, it the next card actually had the theme "Olympic cities' but everyone was afraid to guess it.

Ben was clearly ahead coming into the last few cards, but I just didn't have the power of concentration to make a comeback. Damon did better this time around, as is typical in this game. Cliff and Carol, as the newcomers, got lower scores.

Ben 87
Chuck 68
Damon 62
Cliff 38
Carol 13

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.