3 Posts

One Deck Dungeon» Forums » Variants

Subject: Stairs variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Belcher
United States
flag msg tools
First of all I am really enjoying this game, so thank you to the creators of it.

I developed a simple variant in that you shuffle the stairs into the deck itself rather than placing it on the bottom.

1) When you draw the stairs card it immediately takes one slot of the 4 doors.
2 )If there are four doors already present it will replace one of them that you choose, however you must resolve the encounter of the card it replaces before you place the stairs down.
3) The stairs will always be in that slot however you can continue to explore the rest of the dungeon as you wish.
4) Make a marker of every 6 time you take before deciding to take the stairs.
5) Once you do take them for every marker you created you must draw one card (minimum of one regardless of time taken). You must resolve this before you can descend.
6) If no cards remain when you descend shuffle the discard pile and draw from there.

I started this because it reminded me of the many times I found the exit to a dungeon long before I had explored every part of it and I wanted to show that in my dungeon delving here. It also offers a chance for more loot in exchange for more chances to take damage.'

Tell me what you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Bouley
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this idea since I typically will also clear a dungeon even if I've already discovered the exit.

When you place a marker for spending time, does that time include both time spent taking an action as well as time spent on penalties or just time spent taking actions.

Sorry if that's confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
flag msg tools
In my games its any time taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.