Hide
4 Posts

Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Foxhole Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Brueggeman
msg tools
My squad moves into a foxhole hex with an enemy squad. Can my squad be fired at with op fire in the open in that foxhole hex before jumping down into the foxholes to melee.

This question came up because the enemy squad op firing was adjacent to the foxhole and wanted to wait to get the +3 adjacent modifier. The rules state a unit is moving in the open when entering a foxhole hex (suggesting my squad could be fired at; i.e., it has not entered melee until the end of the turn), but you cannot fire into a hex with opposing units. Which supersedes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Sibley
United Kingdom
Ramsgate
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are in the hex with the enemy unit you cannot be targeted by anyone outside that hex. The enemy unit in the hex could fire at you, but only if you started your move from an adjacent hex, and then it would take the terrain effect of that adjacent hex from which you came.

Also you do not enter the foxhole, until you either win the melee or the enemy rout in the morale step.

If the hex suffers a hit from OBA for example the enemy unit would get the foxhole protection whilst your unit would not.

Hope that all helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaronsibley wrote:
If you are in the hex with the enemy unit you cannot be targeted by anyone outside that hex. The enemy unit in the hex could fire at you, but only if you started your move from an adjacent hex, and then it would take the terrain effect of that adjacent hex from which you came.
I was under the impression that any unit can open fire at a unit if the first movement is into melee, not just the one in the hex being moved into.
If the melee hex is not the first one being entered then you are correct that no unit can open fire at the moving unit once it has entered the hex with the enemy unit though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Brueggeman
msg tools
Thank you. That clarifies it for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.