Arcadia Quest: Inferno» Forums » Variants

Subject: Any ideas on a 1 player variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Rosales
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey there, I'm very new to Arcadia Quest. I received the Inferno kickstarter and was wondering if anyone has came up with a good variant for 1 player? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I know of. A large aspect of the game is the "take that" & "race to be the first to complete things". With only one player, you would like a huge chunk of the game. If you don't mind that, I guess there really isn't any reason why you couldn't play solo. Jus make the monsters payback actions always do whatever is most detrimental.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fredros94 wrote:
Hey there, I'm very new to Arcadia Quest. I received the Inferno kickstarter and was wondering if anyone has came up with a good variant for 1 player? Thanks!

Yeah, picked up Inferno pledge and dragons too just cause the mini's are great. Would love to get a solo variant, maybe a special campaign of sorts that takes you through the world and uses various characters. When schools out, plan to get my kids(7,9) involved once I read and learn it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's actually a solo variant someone posted in the files section of the original AQ that should be applicable to Inferno with some modifications I think?
Unfortunately, they never made/published the revised version of the rules like they announced.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/122261/arcadia-quest-coop...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Well, you could play the dragons solo. They were meant for co-op (At least the second part).

Other than that, I don't see much of a way to do this solo since a lot of this game has PvP elements to it that wouldn't work on "bots".

I suppose it's possible to design a specific form of a solo campaign with timed missions that you need to get as many rewards as you can, where some enemy heroes gain random upgrades from the stuff you didn't choose - but even that will be heavily skewed as heroes usually require specific equipment types most of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my game solo the day after I bought it. I just set up two guilds and bounced back and forth. It was a little crazy fighting against myself, but I still had a grand old time learning the rules and trying to outsmart myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love ❤ doing that. I just have to try not favoring one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.