Subject: Reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caden Laptad
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
Hello, fellow BGGer's! I was curious if anyone was aware of information regarding a potential reprint of this title. I heard somewhere that Tim may be working on another edition of the game, but I was unsure whether or not this was confirmed. I've certainly got my fingers crossed.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heard the same rumor in passing, but nothing past that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'm trying to gauge interest - would you guys like a reprint of the original version? Or some new twist on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:
I'm trying to gauge interest - would you guys like a reprint of the original version? Or some new twist on it?

Potentially interested as long as it doesn't go through Game Salute. What sort of twist(s) were you thinking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original. Maybe a new edition, expansion and upgrade set (if required)?

More characters, events and dishes.

robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:

I'm interested. Never played it before, as I can't find it anywhere reasonably priced. So I can't comment on what I'd like to see. I also don't want to see it go through Game Salute, as I assume that will just increase the price of the game unnecessarily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like the original. Honestly, I'd just like to see it available again, new twist or otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Purkis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
youtube.com/c/actualol
badge
Actualol Board Game Videos
mbmb
Fubeca wrote:

I'd like a new version, specifically one that gives each player their own jobs, in a sort of XCOM or Space Cadets style. I appreciate that might be too big of an overhaul, though.

And it certainly wouldn't hurt to make the customer deck app-based, to save on some of the setup time and the admin between rounds.

(By the way, I would not say XCOM is a perfect example of a real-time game, I prefer Wok Star, but I do like those two aspects)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric W
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:

FWIW - I've introduced this game to a few people (I have the Game Salute kickstarter version), and many of them express interest in getting a copy. I suspect that a new print run would sell a fair amount of copies to folks who've had a chance to play the game but missed the chance to own it.

Also, as an owner of the game, I'd be interested in an expansion that changes things up a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caden Laptad
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
Fubeca wrote:

Honestly, the main draw to the game for me is the theme (who doesn't love running a Chinese take-out restaurant) and the real-time gameplay. I'm also drawn to the idea of investing in your business to grow it further in the future(whether new recipes, cooking utensils, etc) either with static or variable options each game, as either system would be fine by me. Beyond that, I completely trust your design decisions as you've yet to disappoint me with any of your games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can check out Kitchen Rush while you wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Goldberg
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Would love either a new version or an expansion that works with the earlier version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha Peacock
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be keen for a reprint of the original! Don't own a copy and, as others have said, it's currently hard to find for a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heidi S.
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm also interested as long as Game Salute is not involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Entrecruzado wrote:
I have the original. Maybe a new edition, expansion and upgrade set (if required)?

More characters, events and dishes.

robot

an expansion that would work with both versions would be lovely. Perhaps a whole deck of cards that would replace the originals would work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Shields are offline.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested. I've never played but always wanted to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not realize it was not readily available. I was looking to buy it today to have as a rainy day, indoor recess option for my classroom.

I would be interested in a reprint, or a reprint that changed it up but was still a complete game in a box (ie do not need bits from the original).

Why the hate for Game Salute? (idle curiosity, I am not trying to troll).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heidi S.
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shelter wrote:

From Game Salute: A Cautionary Tale geeklist

Wok Star

For the record, I haven't bought much from Game Salute kickstarters. I like to receive a box with my games and quality components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shelter wrote:

don't worry, there is not a whole lot of love for GS, so it will be fairly one sided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Tim is doing a third edition print of Wok Star and can be acquired through the Now Boarding kickstarter that is currently running. You can just pledge for Wok star if you don't want Now Boarding, or you can pledge to get it with Now Boarding.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fowers/now-boarding/pos...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.