Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone plays a Fireball (1 ranged damage) and I discard Lightning Daggers from play, then the attack becomes 2 ranged damage.

If the Fireball has been boosted with magic to give +1 damage, then the LD make the attack 3 ranged damage.

If the Fireball has been boosted to add 1 damage to all other monsters in play...does the Lightning Daggers discard make all of these 2 damage as well? Or is the LD bonus only applied to the main attack of the Fireball?

We played the latter (applied to main attack only), but could not find the answer anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sprague
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe this was addressed in a FAQ but the splash damage boost is not an attack and does not trigger or allow for hero or monster effects which refer to " when attacking " or "when attacked..."

You can however use the lightning daggers to boost the primary or boosted ranged damage of a fireball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Kirrine wrote:
I believe this was addressed in a FAQ but the splash damage boost is not an attack and does not trigger or allow for hero or monster effects which refer to " when attacking " or "when attacked..."

You can however use the lightning daggers to boost the primary or boosted ranged damage of a fireball.

This is accurate.

Explosion damage is also entirely untyped (neither Ranged nor Melee) - for example if a Stormreaver is in play when you fire off an exploding Fireball, it won't Wound you as long as it's not the target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.