flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering if there is a clear trend.

Poll
In your games, what side usually wins?
The defender, always.
The defender, mostly.
We are pretty comfy around the 50/50 mark.
The attacker, mostly.
The attacker, always.
Well.... It's complicated. I'll tell you about it in a post below.
      41 answers
Poll created by Paladin_fin

Thanks for your time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one with the best understanding of the games mechanics and the best tactical and strategical skills wins. In my group it is not the defender or the attacker that wins, it's the player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
The one with the best understanding of the games mechanics and the best tactical and strategical skills wins. In my group it is not the defender or the attacker that wins, it's the player.

I agree. I have won every single match!

I usually play defender, cause i feel that losing as the invader is less frustrating as losing with the defender.

I have played 3 times vs the same person several times me as defender and him as invader, i won those 3 times because i simply played better than him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Bradley
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mb
Nice to see such humble comments/players 😁

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
ryusora wrote:
Evil_X wrote:

I usually play defender, cause i feel that losing as the invader is less frustrating as losing with the defender.

I have played 3 times vs the same person several times me as defender and him as invader, i won those 3 times because i simply played better than him.

It is a little unclear whether "several times" is the same thing as "3 times" in your post, let us assume that it is.

This is what is known as confirmation bias.
"I have played 3x as the defender and won each time because I am a better player, not because defender has an advantage". You believe yourself to be a better player and so chalk up the victories to your superior playing.

Please play the same person 3x as the attacker then inform us of the results. That would be useful data which could actually confirm you better playing skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:
ryusora wrote:
Evil_X wrote:

It is a little unclear whether "several times" is the same thing as "3 times" in your post, let us assume that it is.

This is what is known as confirmation bias.
"I have played 3x as the defender and won each time because I am a better player, not because defender has an advantage". You believe yourself to be a better player and so chalk up the victories to your superior playing.

Please play the same person 3x as the attacker then inform us of the results. That would be useful data which could actually confirm you better playing skills.

I agree and thanks for the feedback!

I have played 3 times with him and the 3 times i played defender and i won the 3 times!

I am not trying to say "hey i am better player than you, haha" i am just saying i played way better than him. How can i know that?! Well, the defender has 0 hidden information in the game, several moves that he made were simply poor, i won by a mile every time.

And ofc, if i play invader 3 times and i beat him i will confirm myself as the better player, but i do not need to do play invader to know that things are well balanced. This game is awesome and well balanced, thats all. I dont play it as much as i wanted to do though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.