8 Posts

Arcadia Quest: Inferno» Forums » Rules

Subject: Last mission - Entering the Palace rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
So the last mission states that in order to go to the palace, if you go via the doors or portals then you need to have 5 damnation.

What exactly are the definitions here? Can any of the following work without the hero in question having damnation?

1)A living character stands next to the door way.
Player decides to rest and put a previously dead character on the inside.

2) Player uses Shockwave to push a hero into the area

3) Frog prince decides to use his ability to skip over the entrance and jump straight inside

4) Luna rolls a crit on defense and teleports inside

5) Jamon pushes a hero inside

6) Jaime pushes a hero inside

7) Someone uses Swap stone to put an enemy hero on the inside

8) Gabriel shoots at someone inside, kills it and teleports an enemy hero inside

9) Monkey King stands next to the entrance, gets attacked, rolls a crit on defense and jumps inside

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4, 7, and 8 seem like the only ones that would work (if even they would). Basically you treat the entrance as a wall unless you have the 5 Damnation to pass through it. The last scenario for the original Arcadia Quest had a very similar mechanic. You might be able to find the answers that you want by looking up that FAQ for that scenario until some official answers come out for Inferno.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Ender02 wrote:
The last scenario for the original Arcadia Quest had a very similar mechanic.

Not exactly. The original campaign flat out says that you have no line of sight to the temple until you get the gold.

That means you can't even attack someone on the inside.

The Inferno campaign does not make that distinction.
If fact, all it says was that you can't pass the door or portal without damnation.

But that brings the question of what counts as "through the door"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have surely left the rule open ended. It should have said in paraphrase: "doors, portals or by any other means". The omission of "any other means" seems to leave many of your suggestions open as possible ways to enter the palace without having 5 damnation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Carcking wrote:
They have surely left the rule open ended. It should have said in paraphrase: "doors, portals or by any other means". The omission of "any other means" seems to leave many of your suggestions open as possible ways to enter the palace without having 5 damnation.

Sadly, it happens a lot in Inferno. I just don't get it, this game is insanely popular I would have expected people to ask it a lot more and we'd get an FAQ already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Okay, I finished the mission in 3 different campaigns.

Group A decided to use the loosest definition, anything that isn't literally you walking through the door or portal means you can enter. Most notable was people stood next to the entrance and rested so a person appears inside.

As a result, it was a really speedy game. In fact, players barely bothered even going for PvP as it was a rush to enter.

Groups B & C went with the strictest definition - you do not enter without damnation no matter what.

I will say this - The B & C groups were much much longer. Don't recall exactly about B, but C took almost 5 hours to finish the mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Okay, I finished the mission in 3 different campaigns.

Group A decided to use the loosest definition, anything that isn't literally you walking through the door or portal means you can enter. Most notable was people stood next to the entrance and rested so a person appears inside.

As a result, it was a really speedy game. In fact, players barely bothered even going for PvP as it was a rush to enter.

Groups B & C went with the strictest definition - you do not enter without damnation no matter what.

I will say this - The B & C groups were much much longer. Don't recall exactly about B, but C took almost 5 hours to finish the mission.

Wow, that's quite a swing. Unfortunately, we have not played in several weeks for being too busy with outdoor stuff and being just too busy in general. I've been contemplating how to answer the question when it inevitably comes from the group. Still not sure how I'll answer 'cause I don't care for either of your results

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bloggs
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our gaming group just completed this mission last night.

We played it that none of the above scenarios would have worked to get a character with less than 5 Damnation into the Underlord's Palace (highlighted area on the map).

That may not necessarily be the intention for the scenario. That's just how we saw it and played it that way. About 2.5 hours to complete.

We also allowed a player to use 2 x Treasure Chests to pay for Damnation at an ill wishing well. It wouldn't have mattered anyway as the player ended the scenario with 20+ Gold Coins to spare (which they could have used instead at the time). However, that section does say "the Player may spend coins to add a damnation: 1 coin per Damnation". A Treasure Chest token, gives the coin value to the Guild at the end of the Scenario. Probably should only be coins that can be used in this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.