Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Zone de Mohole rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pascal grosbill
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
I've got the French version of the game, and with the card "ZONE DE MOHOLE" the text is in contradiction with the icon! The text is "Augmentez votre production d'énergie de 4" when the icon represents "Chaleur (heat)". Anyone an idea?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pascal_grosbill wrote:
Hi!
I've got the French version of the game, and with the card "ZONE DE MOHOLE" the text is in contradiction with the icon! The text is "Augmentez votre production d'énergie de 4" when the icon represents "Chaleur (heat)". Anyone an idea?


The English card "Mohole Area" say to increase Heat, so the icon is correct.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the text was translated; the icons are always original and correct, regardless of translation.
With so many unique cards to translate, it's no wonder that there are some details wrong.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
Only the text was translated; the icons are always original and correct, regardless of translation.
With so many unique cards to translate, it's no wonder that there are some details wrong.


More of a wonder that it passed QA. It's sloppy work.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pascal grosbill
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading forum on Trictrac, it seems a lot of cards have rule mistranslation.
I'm quite happy I bought it in english
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Duinhir wrote:
Reading forum on Trictrac, it seems a lot of cards have rule mistranslation.
I'm quite happy I bought it in english

I'm sorry to hear that. The icons are are correct though, so you should be fine anyway. And hopefully there's a second printing of that language where such mistakes have been cleared up.

Cheers!

Edit: ninja by myself earlier... I've been away from this thread a while
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SonnyDK wrote:
Fryxen wrote:
Only the text was translated; the icons are always original and correct, regardless of translation.
With so many unique cards to translate, it's no wonder that there are some details wrong.

More of a wonder that it passed QA. It's sloppy work.

As someone who's been in publishing... nope, not a surprise. Publishing has the same rule that programming does: NumberOfBugs = NumberOfBugsFound +1
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fre kol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
As someone who moved from text editing to software QC, I underwrite this statement.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.