Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been addressed before and for the possible "simple" question but just want some clarification if I am reading the bot charts right.

How should I interpret the "First" and "Then" instructions? Should the "Then" really be "Otherwise"? When I see "Then" I interpret that to mean do both of them, but I am not sure that is correct as it seems I would be doing too much that turn.

For example, in the Non-Government Garrison should I be reading it "First, ECs to equal Guerillas; Otherwise to add Govt Control and at least 1 Police and Troop to each City"

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
"First" means "Do this first". "Then" means "after doing everything possible behind this (and if you still have to do something), do this".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are still limited by how many times you can do whatever it is you are doing.

Garrison is a bad example because there is no limit to the units that can be moved, so yes you follow ALL of the instructions (no "otherwise").

Look at Gov't Bot train for example. You train in spaces costing up to 9 resources (or whatever the bot has available). So you would follow each of the steps (first no Govt Control, then no Police, then no Troops...) until you had spent all 9 resources, then you would stop.

So it is never interpreted as "otherwise" it is always do A then B then C until you run out of units/resources that are permitted to be used by the rules of whatever operation or special activity you are executing (check both bot and player rules for limits).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
You are still limited by how many times you can do whatever it is you are doing.

So it is never interpreted as "otherwise" it is always do A then B then C until you run out of units/resources that are permitted to be used by the rules of whatever operation or special activity you are executing (check both bot and player rules for limits).

Thank you both. That helps me clarify the flow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.