Subject: RIP Frank Deford rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: RIP_5_28_2017 [+] [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
For years my favorite sports commentator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
For years my favorite sports commentator.

Same here. i was saddened to know that when he retired last month (?) that we would not be hearing from him again except for maybe special occasions, but to know now that even that will not be possible really points out what a loss this will be. His unique viewpoint and insight will be missed. My sympathies to his family and friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool to see his pic - didn't look like I expected, but I find that's almost always the case with radio folks.

I'm not a big sports person, but I always enjoyed his segments, which says a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere, I still have Issue #1 (L.A. edition) of The National, his short-lived sports daily newspaper.

As good as he was as a commentator, he was even better as a sports writer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Somewhere, I still have Issue #1 (L.A. edition) of The National, his short-lived sports daily newspaper.

As good as he was as a commentator, he was even better as a sports writer.

I remember The National! We used to read it when I lived in Chicago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.