Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I get there is a heap of extra plastic added to this via Stretch Goals, but I was not expecting $60 US for shipping. The actual pledge is only $100.

I hope this is a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yogibbear wrote:
The problem is that the backerkit being used seems unable to resolve your postcode to calculate shipping and instead uses the City field as a Rural/Urban or whatever thing. Where if it doesn't see one of the major cities in your country being listed under City it automatically charges you for rural shipping rates. Something which Amazon/Ebay/any other online storefront seems to have solved a long time ago.

So you need to input your address with suburb in Address Line 2 (rather than City), put your city in for City, and everything else as per normal. This changes Rise of Moloch shipping costs to my suburb (which is less than 5km from the centre of Perth) from $108 to a more reasonable $61.97 for an all-in pledge. Which is a lot (I'd say $20 too much), but not unreasonable.

Well thanks for this. Doing it this way changed my shipping from $60us to $40 US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much are you backing for/where do you live in the states? I'm in PA and for the game, the expansion, and the mat it was only $14 for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
DrProfHazzmatt wrote:
How much are you backing for/where do you live in the states? I'm in PA and for the game, the expansion, and the mat it was only $14 for shipping.

He's in Australia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
24.8 dollar for me. The arcadia quest inferno pledge was double the cost so this is for me acceptable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearhug78 wrote:
So I get there is a heap of extra plastic added to this via Stretch Goals, but I was not expecting $60 US for shipping. The actual pledge is only $100.

$48 to Japan for a $180 pledge, which is consistent with purchasing from my usual source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Way
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mb
Similar pledge but 97 usd to Hanoi Vietnam. Can't get anymore major city than that here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Th3Way wrote:
Similar pledge but 97 usd to Hanoi Vietnam. Can't get anymore major city than that here

I was about to complain about shipping costs to New Zealand, but I'm pretty happy now... $97 USD is horrendous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Martins
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
mbmbmbmbmb
$75 to Brazil for the base pledge... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Bearhug78 wrote:
yogibbear wrote:
The problem is that the backerkit being used seems unable to resolve your postcode to calculate shipping and instead uses the City field as a Rural/Urban or whatever thing. Where if it doesn't see one of the major cities in your country being listed under City it automatically charges you for rural shipping rates. Something which Amazon/Ebay/any other online storefront seems to have solved a long time ago.

So you need to input your address with suburb in Address Line 2 (rather than City), put your city in for City, and everything else as per normal. This changes Rise of Moloch shipping costs to my suburb (which is less than 5km from the centre of Perth) from $108 to a more reasonable $61.97 for an all-in pledge. Which is a lot (I'd say $20 too much), but not unreasonable.

Well thanks for this. Doing it this way changed my shipping from $60us to $40 US.

I got $29 US, which I was OK with. Suprised Perth is $10US more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.