Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: What kind of pain and torment are you excited to unleash with your OS2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chase Norton
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
The Kickstarters... they don't STOP!
badge
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

As we all start to dive into the OS2 content, I think many of us are imagining all sorts of diabolical and dastardly deeds to dish out to our dearest friends.

Personally, I am excited to play as Sleeper with OS2 neutrals. So many awesome things you can do when others are out of power. Imagine the chaos you could cause taking two Nyogtha figures around the map, capturing cultists left and right using only half the normal power (Nyogtha is two figures, which share action costs). Throw in burrowing and you are moving 3 units for 1 power! For 4 power you can capture 4 Cultists from 4 different areas! Even better if you can get to areas with a few cultists in one location.

I am excited to hear what you guys have planned for your OS2 games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have anything planned but I'm really looking forward to introducing neutral monsters and IGOOs into my games. Right now, the only one I have is the Hound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tcho-Tchos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a ton of more stuff to paint surprise

OD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Gouveia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I am a Crawling Chaos lover. I want to try Daoloth with some polyp. Invisible the monsters and the Goo is without dice to roll, c´mon Hastur lests see who is who...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeper + Nyogtha

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie L

New Jersey
msg tools
I'll be trying out the non-core factions and the new two-player rules with my wife over the next several months. We will eventually move on to the different maps and neutral monsters and independent GOOs at some point.

I'd also love to try out a 6-8 player game or two at some point so I don't feel entirely silly for buying the big maps, though it'd be challenging for me to find enough people for that (my group tends to favor light / party games). Maybe it'll happen after our future kids have kids!

EDIT: we're going to play our first game with the new stuff tomorrow! I've got a three-player game set up with Sleeper, Windwalker and Tcho-Tchos on the regular map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlyMcNasty wrote:
Hey all!

As we all start to dive into the OS2 content, I think many of us are imagining all sorts of diabolical and dastardly deeds to dish out to our dearest friends.

Personally, I am excited to play as Sleeper with OS2 neutrals. So many awesome things you can do when others are out of power. Imagine the chaos you could cause taking two Nyogtha figures around the map, capturing cultists left and right using only half the normal power (Nyogtha is two figures, which share action costs). Throw in burrowing and you are moving 3 units for 1 power! For 4 power you can capture 4 Cultists from 4 different areas! Even better if you can get to areas with a few cultists in one location.

I am excited to hear what you guys have planned for your OS2 games!

I'm excited to see your paintings.

On a more serious note, I'm excited to host an 8 player game with colored gates/dice and any damn map I want to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of it!

I have already played two games with TT on the table (I played once).

The Library hasn't been mentioned above, and neither has the Dhole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hobbit
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Byatis with an insect from shaggai in north atlantic collecting Cultists (no bonus from the toad, but loads of empty Gates).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiagomo wrote:
Well I am a Crawling Chaos lover. I want to try Daoloth with some polyp. Invisible the monsters and the Goo is without dice to roll, c´mon Hastur lests see who is who...

Try adding in the Hound of Tindalos as Daoloth's buddy, especially if you are CC (since then as you have Madness the Hound can't be retreated off a gate area easily).

Also looking forward to Y'Golonac, just because he is a big nuisance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.