Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
CGE have sent me a copy of the prototype of the game for me to do demos of it at the UK Games Expo this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Juan Llanos
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you can record a few turns of 2849 to show us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the game is still in development, so we try to avoid and gameplay videos beforehand because people watch them and think its the final version.
I'm sure some people will play it at UKGE and have something to say about it, but again, its still in development.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Watson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it (with three others) at UKGE and have something to say about it.

Based on the prototype I'd say that it's a fantastic game. All four of us thought it was one of, if not the, best games we tried at the Expo and we played a lot of games (for context we played Anachrony, Great Western Trail, Oracle of Delphi, First Martians etc. – some real big hitters!).

There's a good exploration and expansion vibe along with some engine building as well. We were all very impressed. With some decent components (even the prototype was pretty decent, which is promising) and a reasonable price tag, I'd expect this to be a big hit!

It's very much a Euro game and I reckon with a bit of practice you could knock out a full game in 90 mins. It's almost a 4X game, but there is no extermination. There is good interaction through expanding your empire, blocking colonisation and factory building spots (the eponymous pulsars) as well as the battle for position on the engineering track (gives you resources for being high up on the track) and player order track. Turn order can be important too, not only for the dice drafting, but also for nicking things from under people's noses through being before them in turn order.

It was the perfect mix for me (I like thinky games with the ability to compete for limited resources). There were plenty of paths to victory (we followed four quite different strategies: expansion, exploration, research and building structures) and the randomisation options were plentiful. There's a lot going on, but it comes together very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.