Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, not content with appointing a minister for health that (literally) wrote the book on how to privatise the NHS without the public noticing, Theresa May has now publicly stated that she supports the Naylor report..

now, the Naylor report is dull as f***, but its available to read with a simple google search. the crux of it is this. NHS trusts are to be incentivised (by withholding their funding) to sell off their capitol assets (which would then have to be rented back from the private companies at increased cost). Not only that, but the taxpayer will subsidise the sale.

so, unless they want more funding withheld, an NHS trust needs to sell off that £10B hospital to a private company (then probably renting it back at a massive yield), and the taxpayer will match the private bid.

so we build a hospital for £10B, then sell it off and the taxpayer pays half (another £5B) to earn the £5B from the company. so essentially we pay £10B to build a private company a hospital, that we have to rent back off them.

oh, and guess who wrote about this strategy in his book? Yup, Jeremy *unt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic Lineal
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Nope. Nope nope nope nope.
mb
It could be worse. There could be faceless Brussels bureaucrats involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
viclineal wrote:

Whitehall/Brussels are equally remote from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys live in a country small enough where you can hop a train and be there to strangle fucks like this in an afternoon, never forget that, and more importantly never let *them* forget it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
viclineal wrote:

Faceless Brussels bureaucrats are quite cheap and efficient. Our Bureaucrats will destroy Britain without their help. I expect the same would be true in Spain too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
You guys kive in a country small enough where you can hop a trsin and be there to strwngke fucks like this in an afternoon, never forget that, and more importsntly never let *them* forget it.

you live in huge country, and there are still strange fucks everywhere..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
You guys kive in a country small enough where you can hop a trsin and be there to strwngke fucks like this in an afternoon, never forget that, and more importsntly never let *them* forget it.

Nice typing, Mr President.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Nice typing, Mr President.

laugh

Bargle. I wasn't awake yet >.< I fixed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
femgoth wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Much harder to track down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
femgoth wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

My typos obscured my point. You guys can do something about your assholes much easier than we can. Drop 'em in the Thames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
femgoth wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

My typos obscured my point. You guys can do something about your assholes much easier than we can. Drop 'em in the Thames.

Remember, they have soccer matches every hour, on the hour. Lots of opportunity for correction via crowds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
femgoth wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

they'd bounce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
You guys live in a country small enough where you can hop a train and be there to strangle fucks like this in an afternoon, never forget that, and more importantly never let *them* forget it.

Odd how you are basically telling Brits to revolt, a country that has mostly outlawed firearms. No, they can't strangle [the fucks] and [the fucks] have little to fear because of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
God Save Our Most Gracious Queen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perrin2017 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Odd how you are basically telling Brits to revolt, a country that has mostly outlawed firearms. No, they can't strangle [the fucks] and [the fucks] have little to fear because of that.

I think you have little chance of revolt in the USA. Individuals with private firearms made no difference in the revolt in 1775 and will continue to make no difference to government in the USA now. They will kill a lot of your citizens though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
femgoth wrote:
So, not content with appointing a minister for health that (literally) wrote the book on how to privatise the NHS without the public noticing, Theresa May has now publicly stated that she supports the Naylor report..

now, the Naylor report is dull as f***, but its available to read with a simple google search. the crux of it is this. NHS trusts are to be incentivised (by withholding their funding) to sell off their capitol assets (which would then have to be rented back from the private companies at increased cost). Not only that, but the taxpayer will subsidise the sale.

so, unless they want more funding withheld, an NHS trust needs to sell off that £10B hospital to a private company (then probably renting it back at a massive yield), and the taxpayer will match the private bid.

so we build a hospital for £10B, then sell it off and the taxpayer pays half (another £5B) to earn the £5B from the company. so essentially we pay £10B to build a private company a hospital, that we have to rent back off them.

oh, and guess who wrote about this strategy in his book? Yup, Jeremy *unt

If I were you I would be opposed to this and appalled that any politician would think it was a good idea.

That said, if you agree then one response is to convince all the opposition parties to announce that their policy when/if they regain a majority is to confiscate any such items that the current Gov. sells you now. Whole hospitals even.

So, buying them is a risk. Hopefully a risk not worth taking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perrin2017 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Guns don't make the difference, focus and planning does. Box cutters were enough to make a hole in the pentagon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Shadrach wrote:
Perrin2017 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Guns don't make the difference, focus and planning does. Box cutters were enough to make a hole in the pentagon.

I thought that was the WTC? They make a "tink" sound or something, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
Perrin2017 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

I thought that was the WTC? They make a "tink" sound or something, right?

Just Building 7 really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.