Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
My character has the retirement goal of killing 20 bandits and/or cultists. Do the ones killed in failed scenarios count? Because if so, he's gonna retire before he hits level 3. We've failed scenario 4 twice now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stein Arild Killi
Norway
flag msg tools
As far as I know, any retirement-type goals are "ticked" even if it fails. So you can technically repeat those missions over and over in order to retire if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they count. Only your battle goals and bonus xp don't count when you fail a dungeon. You don't retire until you go back to town though. If you want a tip about early retirement.

donate to the Oak in town before you retire.

Did you try dropping the level of that scenario down to 0?

Scenario spoiler
That scenario can be tough if the cultist draw the summon cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lewellen
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
That is a tough scenario. That is the only scenario my group failed four times! You will want to put it down to easy.

Look at it this way, though, if he does retire that fast, that means you will have someone with an additional perk on your team soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We plan on trying it again on easy next time we play. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you look in the new scenario book online, 3 monsters were removed from that scenario because it was tuned to be too hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
mbmbmbmbmb
Retiring early is a goal of many people, so why not adventurers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, remember you have to be the one to get the killing blow, but you probably know that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I got the killing blow in a lot. My character tended to move late in turn order, so there is a lot of them setting em up and me taking em down.

I saw that it was easier in 2nd edition. We're going to print it out and try it... still on easy though. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a thread in the Strategy forum about this scenario and how to deal with it. Might be worth a look if you are having trouble with it. I've played it 3 times with three different groups with the original setup (2 wins, 1 loss) and I think that the key is where you end up taking that first rest.
Our most successful run saw us taking our first rest with only 1 enemy remaining in the hall. Our loss saw us take a rest in the first room. There is too much HP to chew through and too much distance to cover at the back end of the scenario that, strategically, how you handle it is really dependent on how quickly you can get through the scrubs in the first room and the hall. AoE is essential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We did scenario 4 again last night. We did the v2 version and dropped the difficulty to Easy. Even with that, we finished it with 2 characters exhausted. But we finished it.

And my Cragheart has made it to level 3 and still hasn't killed 20 bandits/cultists. Two more to go to retire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.