King of Tokyo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Freeze time & Three of a kind rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but i couldn't find the answer.

Let's say i have the "Freeze time" card ("If you roll at least 1,1,1, you can get another turn"), then i roll 1,1,1 :

1) I choose to get an extra turn OR to earn +1 Victory Point for the "three of a kind" (1,1,1)

OR

2) I have an extra turn AND i earn +1 Victory Point.

Edit : added the description of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could write out both of the card descriptions, that would help improve the responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Option 2, you get both the point and the extra turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks @DuckOfDeath !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless something specifically indicates otherwise, you get all possible benefits from resolving a set of dice.

For example, let's say you are Cthulhu with the Shrieking Madness evolution ("If you roll [1], [1], [1], give all other monsters a madness token"), and you have the power cards Gourmet ("When you roll [1], [1], [1], or more, gain +2VP"), Freeze Time ("On a turn when you roll [1], [1], [1], or more, take another turn with one less die"), and Detritivore ("When you roll at least [1], [2], [3], gain +2VP. You can use dice for other combinations").

You roll on a turn then then when you resolve your dice, you have rolled [1], [1], [1], [2], [3], [claw]. You will score +1VP for the 3x1's as normal; +2VP for Gourmet, +2VP for the 1, 2, 3; give everyone a madness token; get to take another turn with one less die, and then also do 1 damage 'cause there was a claw in there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coran Sloss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If an effect (such as the ability to heal poison, shrink or madness counters) specifically states that a dice is used, it may not also be used for anything else. Otherwise, it is considered a separate effect that triggers upon resolution of the necessary dice and does not interfere with that resolution or any other triggers.

The only odd one I can think of is evolutions, where the trigger is delayed to its own phase but otherwise works the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.