3 Posts

The Guns of August» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick run down of the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Cook
msg tools
Hey guys,
Hopefully its not too much to ask but I just got this game for cheap off of ebay. I have trouble reading rule books because of dyslexia. If its not too to ask could someone give me a quick rundown of the rules? Usually i just watch videos of the rules but i cannot find any, and i cant have a friend that cares enough to read the rule book for me. A quick rundown would help in anyway, shape or form! Thanks! I know the game is complex so this may be a hard task, but i'm no stranger to complex games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
just a suggestion....
Download the rules from the files section here and see if you can find a good "text-to-speech" reader or app.
There's one at http://ttsreader.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Popejoy
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
GWX Dev Team
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyChef20 wrote:
Hey guys,
Hopefully its not too much to ask but I just got this game for cheap off of ebay. I have trouble reading rule books because of dyslexia. If its not too to ask could someone give me a quick rundown of the rules? Usually i just watch videos of the rules but i cannot find any, and i cant have a friend that cares enough to read the rule book for me. A quick rundown would help in anyway, shape or form! Thanks! I know the game is complex so this may be a hard task, but i'm no stranger to complex games.

Hi!

I concur that you may want to try a text-to-speech application, as this game is fairly complicated. I tried the free download version of "Natural Reader" at https://www.naturalreaders.com and it seemed to do OK when I loaded in a PDF of the Augmented Rules that weighed in at about 5 Mb.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.