Street Masters» Forums » General

Subject: Who is Christopher Tsang? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Everly
United States
California
flag msg tools
There was a Kickstarter called Zero Agents that funded nearly two years ago, then later went silent. The person behind the project was "Chris Tsang," of Avatar Games. Naturally, when I saw that Christopher Tsang's name was attached to Street Masters, I assumed it was the same person. I was told by Brady Sadler, himself, that Chris Tsang of Avatar Games is actually Christine Tsang, and that she isn't involved with Street Masters.

As a potential backer, that makes me feel a little better. However, now I have other questions- who is Christopher Tsang? In what capacity is he involved with Street Masters? What is his history? I know that he's listed as a creator for Martial Arts: The Card Game 2. Can anyone tell me about that game?

I'd just like some info about who's running the project before I drop $109 on Street Masters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Tsang
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
jaray wrote:
There was a Kickstarter called Zero Agents that funded nearly two years ago, then later went silent. The person behind the project was "Chris Tsang," of Avatar Games. Naturally, when I saw that Christopher Tsang's name was attached to Street Masters, I assumed it was the same person. I was told by Brady Sadler, himself, that Chris Tsang of Avatar Games is actually Christine Tsang, and that she isn't involved with Street Masters.

As a potential backer, that makes me feel a little better. However, now I have other questions- who is Christopher Tsang? In what capacity is he involved with Street Masters? What is his history? I know that he's listed as a creator for Martial Arts: The Card Game 2. Can anyone tell me about that game?

I'd just like some info about who's running the project before I drop $109 on Street Masters.

Hello I'm Christopher Tsang of Blacklist Games. I'm the owner of the company and live in Austin, Texas. I have a background in logistics and production for various products in the retail & merchandise industry. My love for gaming and this industry nudged me to start a company doing something I enjoy.

Blacklist Games purchased Martial Arts: The Card Game from its original publisher who unfortunately, did not do very well in this industry. The team and I really enjoyed the game after playing it at GAMMA so we hoped that by purchasing the license and all its mechanics, we could tighten up the gameplay and rebrand the game. We ran a Kickstarter last year to re-introduce the card game to the public by creating a Series 2. During that campaign, we commissioned that publisher's art studio to do 10 pieces of artwork for us. We wanted to bring interest to the property under our label but unfortunately, we didn't realize how negative an impact the other publisher had and we ended up canceling the campaign.

We've decided that the best way to bring Martial Arts: The Card Game back into the market is to create an app game for it, and releasing the physical version of it later if and when it catches on. We stand by the mechanics of the game because it does have potential, but we do not want any involvement with the other publisher.

During our campaign people also mistook me for a lady by the name of Christine Tsang whom I've never met. As discussed on their boards as well as in our first campaign, we're not the same person since I'm male and as people pointed out, live in a different state.

Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdom has been my dream game. I've had a rough concept of what it could be and was fortunate enough to have the talents of Adam and Brady Sadler on board to bring our love for classic beat'em ups to life on the tabletop. They've done a brilliant job and have made the game feel exactly like it should. It's a fast-paced action game with many facets that I'm sure you will enjoy. Besides the initial guidelines and some story aspects, I haven't put much input in the game itself since I want Adam and Brady to make the best game possible. My further involvement will be facilitating the final manufacturing, arranging shipping/fulfillment to backers, distribution to retail stores after funding and production, and continued marketing to support the Street Masters IP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris is also the one that paid me and Adam, so really he's the one making this thing happen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Everly
United States
California
flag msg tools
I have no worries about the gameplay side of things. I've played Sandler Bros. games before, and if my past experience is any indication, Street Masters will be a great game... If it delivers.

That brings me to my next question. What's your plan for fulfillment at the end of the KS campaign? How will the $60,000+ be spent? I don't mean to bust your balls, Christopher. I just want to know that Street Masters won't become another Zero Agents or Dragon Tides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brady Sadler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jaray wrote:
I have no worries about the gameplay side of things. I've played Sandler Bros. games before, and if my past experience is any indication, Street Masters will be a great game... If it delivers.

That brings me to my next question. What's your plan for fulfillment at the end of the KS campaign? How will the $60,000+ be spent? I don't mean to bust your balls, Christopher. I just want to know that Street Masters won't become another Zero Agents or Dragon Tides.

I'm sure Christopher will jump in, but I can answer your question on how the money will be spent. This money will be spent on production and delivery. We were fortunate to have a lot of art and miniatures to show up front; as well as a nicely produced test kit for previewers. So the Kickstarter funding goal is to help recoup those fees and carry the game through to production and fulfillment.

As Christopher stated, he not only has a lot of great connections for art and manufacturing, but also logistics and fulfillment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Tsang
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
jaray wrote:

Fair enough. The sculpts for everything the Street Masters tier is complete and currently our sculptor is working on the Legend of Oni sculpts; Artwork is complete for character art, though we will internally adjust some of them based on feedback we've received recently; All other art is being worked on currently and we can foresee that all art will be complete within 2 months; Graphic Design is being worked on as I write this, which is also being approved by Adam and Brady and prepped for print as pieces are complete; Content writing, and proofreading will be led by Brady but also assisted by technical writers; And as you know game design is being worked on and fine-tuned.

The funds from the Kickstarter will be partially used to complete the content that is left (Legend of Oni, stretch goal unlocks, pestilence mini-expansion, Tiger Azules), continued playtesting and tweaking, and of course the physical production of the game by the manufacture (including molding/tooling of the minis, printing of the cards, boxing and packaging). The funds will also cover shipping from the factory to the hubs where the fulfillment company will pick/pack and create all shipping labels for backers, while dividing ups a secondary inventory in each hub for retail distribution after backers have received their games. Backer shipping is calculated through the pledge manager and that handles all shipping and handling for fulfillment. Funds are also used to pay for the upfront cost of Backerkit so that we can open the Pledge Manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Everly
United States
California
flag msg tools
Okay, Christopher. You've convinced me. I'll back Street Masters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now go post in the comment section.
Nice folks taking about all sorts of fun stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scottie Mick
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to like this BGG page! Need to unlock freebies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.