Dan Dedeaux
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ran across Arena Rex, a game that was kickstarted a few years ago. It looks quick and simple...and I really think it could add a lot of spice to the arena combat in Spartacus without adding too much time.

Of course, I do think the rules would need to be modified a bit. For example, how to configure combatant stats in Spartacus to be compatible within Arena Rex rules (or vice versa). ie. Damage is dealt with in what way? There might be some other things to consider as well, but I think the damage tree is genius and very simple. It could add so much to Spartacus combats, along with a slightly modified arena (ie. hazards, animals, whatever).

If rules could be modified slightly, then it would just be a matter of adding a damage tree to each combatant and reworking any specials on them as needed.

Perhaps even a short defensive tree on certain combatants...

One thing I don't think would be best to inherit from Arena Rex is the movement scaling (via inches). I think it would be best to keep the hexes to keep it simple.

Really just modifying each combatant to have an attack tree and figuring out how to make it work within the Spartacus rules.

One can dream right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The figures for Arena Rex are beautiful and the damage tree is interesting... but there's no ranged combat/throwing of weapons... give the A-Rex system a try in Spartacus and report back. You'll need to do a diglfferent damage tree for each gladiator and slave...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.