Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myladies, Gentlemen,

And welcome to the 24 hour contest June 2017.
The basic rules-/discussion-/subscription thread can be found here.

We still have got supporters!
Standing ovations for

Nizo
msg tools
mbmb

who offered to tip 20 for the winner of a month's contest as long as there are at least 3 submissions per month.

And we've got a microbadge you can buy, if you want to show the world, that you participated in the 24 hour contest:

24 Hour Contest participant

Thanks to

'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

for creating the badge!

I still have that "Nightfall in Netherlands" thing from last month ringing in my ear ...

So, let's make it easy ...

This month's requirement will be:

Nightfall

Remember: The requirement is just a requirement - not necessarily a theme! It's up to you, how you involve it in your game!

Happy designing and kind regards,
Kai

p.s.:

In the behaviour rules (see link to basic rules thread above) I've written:
Quote:
Please create a second posting in that thread to present your creation.

Please do present your game along with a short description in a posting. The reason I ask you to do this is simple: Creating geeklist entries becomes easier for me because from time to time copy-n-pasting from PDFs produces unexpected results (such as copying only odd symbols into the clipboard ..)
Thanks a lot

And if you'd like to spread the word of this contest, feel free to tweet about it:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lauck
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waaahhhh, now I have an idea. Don't know if i have the thime this month or if I could do it in 24hours but I will try. I can think about it this week, IF I don't write something down, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angrax wrote:
I can think about it this week, IF I don't write something down, right?

That's correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lauck
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, then I will try to enter this contest, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally have time to enter this month! Woo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mAnIk Farmer
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im starting now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
caktho pokokejos
Indonesia
flag msg tools
schattentanz wrote:

This month's requirement will be:

Nightfall

Remember: The requirement is just a requirement - not necessarily a theme! It's up to you, how you involve it in your game!

Kai, can we use the synonyms of 'nightfall'?
let say, 'dusk' or 'twilight' ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It all depends on you creativity, Caktho ...
You may uses synonyms as well.
However, "Nightfall" is this month's requirement, so it has to be included in one way or the other ...

Kind regards,
Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mAnIk Farmer
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my Submission (I did do it in 24 Hours, I just forgot to upload :/ )

When Night Falls
2 Players

When Nightfalls is a Base Defence game, Where as the Human Player you need to stop the ghouls invading your kingdom. You recruit minions and throw waves of Armour,Steel and Men to repel the Ghouls. As the ghoul player, your object is simple, destroy the kingdom of men.

Rules and Board: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8aEL2by6-k7cFZjQ2c5TmYyOHc...

Please note i did not get everything i wanted to get done in here,
There are supposed to be way more minions,
Different stats and game timer etc. I will continue working on this outside of this comp,

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Sieja
Poland
flag msg tools
The idea(s?) is still very vague, but there won't be better time in this month, so time to start :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Sieja
Poland
flag msg tools
Ninja Wars:
Nightfall in the House of Hen

An abstractive, assymetric 2-players tactical ninja game.

When night falls, old Rooster-sensei goes to bed. An evil Fox from the Kitsune Clan wants to kidnap the Mama Hen and only brave Ninja Eggs from the Tamago Clan can stop his vicious plan.

The object of the Evil Fox is to steal the Mama Hen (by reaching the opposite corner of the board) and escape from the House of Hen (by reaching the Entrance Zone).
The object of the Ninja Eggs is to detain the Evil Fox in the House of Hen until the Sunrise, when Rooster-sensei will awake and defeat the Evil Fox.

Game rules
Game components

Suggested soundtrack - by great Fiechter Brothers (I've listened to it while developing this game ;))

It seems that it is hard to make a simple, and yet balanced assymetric game. I have tested tons of mechanic variations, and always one side was significantly better (either Eggs was able to completely block Fox, or Fox was pracitcally unblockable). I didn't have time to test the current mechanic enough, but it should be at least playable for both sides, as Fox have strong, but limited moves, and Eggs are very mobile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
I try to participate too (my starting time 19:30).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
Whoa.

I have to admint, as 1st time participant I surely overestimated my capabilities.
There is absolutely no way I can finish designed game in time, as I've less than 3 hours left and still no test gameplay absolved.

If anybody is interested, here is the rules draft.

I have also the cards prepared, but I'll complete the game probably for some other contest (single sheet PnP or so).

Also, thanks for thumbs on previous post. Feeling ashamed a bit because of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystael wrote:
I have to admint, as 1st time participant I surely overestimated my capabilities.
There is absolutely no way I can finish designed game in time, as I've less than 3 hours left and still no test gameplay absolved.

That's a pity. This is a difficult challenge. I found that the most important thing to learn is how to set a scope for a 24 hour project. I guess if you try again (please do!) you'll have a much better time of it.

Quote:

I have also the cards prepared, but I'll complete the game probably for some other contest (single sheet PnP or so).

Looks like this could be fun. Best of luck in continuing with it.

Quote:
Also, thanks for thumbs on previous post. Feeling ashamed a bit because of that.

Don't feel ashamed. You had a go and you ended up with part of a game that is well on its way to being playable, and that you can continue to work on. While you may not have an entry for the 24 hour contest this time, it sounds like you have achieved something cool that you can be proud of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Sieja
Poland
flag msg tools
Mystael wrote:
Whoa.

Out of curiosity, I have checked the number of characters in your draft rules with some of the complete rules documents in this and last month contests - most of the other finished rules had less characters, than your draft rules; which of course is not decisive for the game complexity, but it gives some idea about the size of your game (I guess that the finished rules would be much longer).

Mystael wrote:

I like the idea with different escape plans for victory condition and the camp commander (which role might be expanded). Alternative plans, competition for being the boss - this is common in zombie apocalypse movies, which is good for the game's atmosphere (it will be easy to understand for players).

Mystael wrote:

You definitely shouldn't feel ashamed, I'm sure that you have got a valuable game design experience, and for the next contest you will better know your limits (at least for the 24h contest, as otherwise - sky is the limit ;)).
And with those draft rules, there is still time to complete the game and take part in the 2017 Solitaire Print and Play Contest :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
Kolo_z_Wrocka wrote:
... most of the other finished rules had less characters, than your draft rules...

Just to make it clear - based on character count you noticed I need to say, that I was working on the rules during my worktime - being the tech support has its perks.

Also, I try to write as detail rules as seems possible and then, when making the final version, I try to replace the most of them with illustrations. That's how I make sure I won't forget on something.

Kolo_z_Wrocka wrote:
I like the idea with different escape plans for victory condition and the camp commander.

Thanks. I tried to make it a bit more interesting than just: "collect the one-and-only possible set". The camp commander role was meant in a good manner, keeping in mind: "I am the boss now, I will sacrifice to keep others safe." Of course, there is still space to implement other benefits of being the camp commander.

Kolo_z_Wrocka wrote:
You definitely shouldn't feel ashamed...

I was just a bit, as I look back it was more like disappointment from myself. But just like you wrote, it was a valuable design experience (heck, the same problem I had was mentioned in original thread) and I taught myself a lesson

Kolo_z_Wrocka wrote:
...there is still time to complete the game and take part in the 2017 Solitaire Print and Play Contest.

Is it still open? I though it was closed long time ago! I'll better check the closing date. Thanks for letting me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Beever

New Jersey
msg tools
Life at the Party
I'm in for this one. The game's called Life at the Party and start time is 15:30 EST
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Beever

New Jersey
msg tools
Made it with time to spare!

Life at the Party
Players: 1-4
Time: 30 minutes

Overview
In life at the party, you take the role of one of four characters at a beach party. The party runs all afternoon until the beach closes at nightfall. Each player has a secret set of relationship goals, and uses their action cards to complete those goals. Dance, fight, tell jokes, and share secrets to build the perfect relationships. Get your friends drinks to change their minds and influence their actions. Will you be a BFF or a BEC? We’ll see when the sun sets.

PnP: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3G6vcNafcovd3E1Ukh4a1VHS0...

I'm kinda new to this, so the PnP is very DIY, sorry. Anyway, thanks for letting me enter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Richards
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I'm going to participate, but I think I'm going to think about it for a little bit longer than I did last month, and wait until I know I have a good 24 hours to complete it. (Last month was a little rushed due to the day I chose for my 24 hours)

EDIT: I will not be able to participate this month. Life got in the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hornemann
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Diving in JUST under the wire, I am going to work on We Come At Night...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's about that time.
Starting now.

I am making something like werewolf but I want it be different, not a variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Lauck
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh damn, I have just an insane idea but no time this month... and maybe not possible to build and balance in 24h, too... sad cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Nightfall

A social deduction game about being in the right place at the right time.
Outlast all the other races.

5 - 14 Players
Age 8+
20 minutes

Contents:
18 Cards -
13 character cards
3 characters of each (Dwarves, Giants, Elves and Warriors) + 1 Wizard
5 location cards (Cave - Dwarves, Forest - Giants, Island - Elves, Village - Warriors, Castle - Wizard)

Set up and card distribution:
When setting up cards decide who wants to be moderator. In this game, the moderator will choose the distribution of the characters.
They can show what characters were chosen or keep it a secret. The wizard should always be in the game.
Place the 5 location cards in a circle in he center of the table.
Deal one card to each player face down.
Put the rest off to the side.

Play:
The moderator will go through the steps below. The players who were killed in the attack are out.
They will flip their card over in front of them. They must close their eyes during the night phase, to avoid cheating.
Players that are out can still win, if their race wins.

* When selecting a location a player maybe only go to a location on the right or left of their previous location.
* They not go to their home locations 2 nights in a row.

Round Steps: (moderator says this)
- It’s Nightfall. Everyone close your eyes
- If you are going to the cave, open your eyes.
- If you are going to the island, open your eyes.
- If you are going to the forest, open your eyes.
- If you are going to the village, open your eyes.
- If you are going to the castle, open your eyes.
Moderator keeps track of which location has the most people.
That location becomes the mob and votes to attack another location.
A tie results in no attack.
- Everyone in “location”, open your eyes.
- Everyone select a location. (everyone points to a location card.)
A tie will result in no kill. The mod sets a time limit.
- Everyone open your eyes.

The mod announces which city was attacked.
If the mod needs to determine who was killed exactly, they may ask everyone to close eyes again.

Character specifics
Dwarves (3) - Safe in the cave. If more than one is in a location when attacked, only one dies. (mod choice)
Elves (3) - Safe on the island. If all elves are on the island when attacked, the attackers die.
Giants (3) - Safe in the forest. If all giants are in the same location when attacking, everyone dies. (no one safe)
Warriors (3) - Safe in the village. If a warrior is alone in a location when attacked, they escape. (no one dies)
Wizard (1) - Safe in the castle. Gets to know which locations are empty each night.

End and Scoring:
- If only one race remains, they win.
- If it comes down to a tie at the end. Each player will get a pre-determined attack.
- If everyone dies, the mod wins.

File:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8dxsuah27pju4n/its%20nightfall.pd...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hornemann
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In We Come At Night players are monsters seeking to feast on an innocent town as the sun sets across it. The further the sun dips in the sky, the more victims become available to the monsters. The monsters are 'conesieurs's of sorts, preferring certain traits, and disliking others. For 3-4 players.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1qMqWTEi3kca2RmSHh5bF9RcE... Rulebook
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1qMqWTEi3kcWHFveVZEM0pjdj... Tiles/Cards/Boards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hornemann
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
One minute to spare. *wipes brow* Getting that done after work was a challenge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.