Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

This War of Mine: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions ??!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof Swiejkowski
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi all,

ON KS page I can see the following expansions:

- Tactical;
- Sewers;
- Orphans;
- Farmers;

Unfortunately my TWoM is a core set (still awaiting my copy).

How can I get these expansions now ??

Are these already available ??

Is anybody willing to sell?

Cheers,

Chris
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you back on Kickstarter or through pledge manager? Because those expansions are included at core pledge level. All the information is on Kickstarter page.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Avatar
Slashdoctor wrote:
Did you back on Kickstarter or through pledge manager? Because those expansions are included at core pledge level. All the information is on Kickstarter page.


Exactly - those expansions are a part of Core Box pledge and they are being shipped right now with the core box!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Swiejkowski
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
OK, so I will await my copy then....

Cheers,
Chris
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Gabrielli
Italy
Ascoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awaken Realms wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
Did you back on Kickstarter or through pledge manager? Because those expansions are included at core pledge level. All the information is on Kickstarter page.


Exactly - those expansions are a part of Core Box pledge and they are being shipped right now with the core box!


Are the expansions Expansion - Incidents and Expansion - Memories ready?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Painmaker87 wrote:
Awaken Realms wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
Did you back on Kickstarter or through pledge manager? Because those expansions are included at core pledge level. All the information is on Kickstarter page.


Exactly - those expansions are a part of Core Box pledge and they are being shipped right now with the core box!


Are the expansions Expansion - Incidents and Expansion - Memories ready?


Nope. They are still working on add-ons.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you get them if you missed the KS then, they aren't even listed on BGG?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdulla AlKendi
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
heavyriffs wrote:
How do you get them if you missed the KS then, they aren't even listed on BGG?


I asked Galakta and they said:

Quote:
Stretch Goals and Add-ons, that have been available on KS are not available for purchase.


Since they're not entirely KS exclusive as TWoM's KS page states:

Quote:
Those components are extra in Kickstarter version. They will not be a part of the standard game in retail.


Which to me sounds like it's possible to have them separately but Galakta isn't offering them yet.

I really hope to get them with my Essen SPIEL pickup of TWoM.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alkendi wrote:
heavyriffs wrote:
How do you get them if you missed the KS then, they aren't even listed on BGG?


I asked Galakta and they said:

Quote:
Stretch Goals and Add-ons, that have been available on KS are not available for purchase.


Since they're not entirely KS exclusive as TWoM's KS page states:

Quote:
Those components are extra in Kickstarter version. They will not be a part of the standard game in retail.


Which to me sounds like it's possible to have them separately but Galakta isn't offering them yet.

I really hope to get them with my Essen SPIEL pickup of TWoM.


I'm not going to go dig through all the information on the campaign, but I'm pretty sure they said that while expansions would not be available in retail, they would be available to buy from Awaken Realms after the campaign. Also, looking at the campaign page, they only list Heart of the City as "Kickstarter Exclusive" while the list what the included expansions "will cost in retail", giving a pretty strong impression that they will be available in some way after the campaign.

I'm sure Awaken Realms at least originally had the intention of supporting this game after the campaign. They might still. In fact, the campaign isn't over yet, since they are still working on the translated versions.

But, I'm not so sure they still have any interest in that. As a backer, it felt like they were moving on a bit quickly when they launched the campaign for The Edge: Dawnfall while still in the middle of designing TWoM. Sure, some companies can run multiple projects at once, but Awaken Realms is supposed to be a pretty small company, and TWoM is their first boardgame…

When they launched the campaign for Lords of Hellas, it felt to me like any interest they had in TWoM just disappeared completely. They completely stopped responding in the comments section of the campaign, and on the 15th of June, just over a week after they launched Lord of Hellas, they posted a long rant about how bad people were for "spreading untrue rumours" in the comments, and accusing them of abandoning the project. Therefore, they had decided to stop responding to comments at all.

This of course did absolutely nothing to help the situation of people spreading rumours and feeling that Awaken Realms had abandoned the project.

This has all left me with a very strong feeling that Awaken Realms enjoys the limelight of running an active campaign, getting cheered on for promising ever more miniatures as free stretch goals and raking in millions, over the chores of fulfilling all those promises once the campaign is over.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I wouldn't hold my breath for those expansions…
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdulla AlKendi
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your input, Adrian. I just stumbled upon this game recently and it's good to have a bigger picture on how things are with the companies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:

This has all left me with a very strong feeling that Awaken Realms enjoys the limelight of running an active campaign, getting cheered on for promising ever more miniatures as free stretch goals and raking in millions, over the chores of fulfilling all those promises once the campaign is over.


Same impression, sadly. They have a long way ahead of them. Being a board game publisher is to deliver, not to promise.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.