Hide
10 Posts

Blood Bowl (2016 edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Pro Elves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Doherty
msg tools
Any chance the Pro Elf team is on the horizon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably next.

Photo from Warhammer world:

Also, they're clearly trying to make the models as cross-compatible as possible, and with Goblins and the upcoming Minotaur, the only Chaos Pact player they won't have a model for is the elf.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Doherty
msg tools
They look excellent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they're Elf Union in Deathzone 2. And I have to say I agree, GW has excelled themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish they'd been different elves though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Wish they'd been different elves though...

I am also anxiously awaiting Wood Elves. The 3rd edition models are SO boring, but they are my favorite team... And that new Pro Elf model looks really sweet, so my expectations are really high right now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a post on Facebook, the original intent was to produce a plastic pro elf team, with forgeworld conversions to the other teams.

That has apparently changed, but it's in line with how they've been selling Blood Bowl - making the minimum number of figures they can, and putting out models which are as cross-compatible as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they don't. No amount of part swapping less than 75% could make that guy into a Wood Elf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
I hope they don't. No amount of part swapping less than 75% could make that guy into a Wood Elf.

They have said that sales have changed this plan - and that might have also changed the kind of figures they were going to make.

In any case, it looks like we'll get separate elf teams now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Look up Wood Elves Kickstarter on Google, there's a third party team kickstarting this month that looks fantastic. Completely understand that GW's release schedule is going to be fairly slow for this game, but people want their teams asap as without them the game is just on hold, so third party really seems like the only option for most teams right now.

I really like the way GW are handling the model design for some teams, but the recent Goblin team is missing any sort of personality, and highlights how serious a design GW are generally heading for. Blood Bowl is silly and ridiculous, which is what a lot of the third party teams really nail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.