Hide
8 Posts

Agricola: Farmers of the Moor» Forums » General

Subject: Does FOTM expansion improve Agricola 2 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jcgonzmo 84
msg tools
Agricola is my favorite game ever. I own the ZMAN version. I was planning to buy FOTM (is this version compatible with my Agricola version) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZUD49M/ref=ox_sc_act_t... .
Just wante to know if FOTM really improves the game a lot? If so how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Murtagh
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Absolutely!!! I lost count a long time ago how many times my wife and I have played 'gric, but once purchasing FOTM (when it first came out), we have never gone back to playing without it. It adds a number of new dimensions - forests, peat, horses, heating your home, new interesting major improvements, etc. While I would never turn down a game of 'gric with others, I really can not see my wife and I ever playing without FOTM (2 person).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the choice, I, too, would always opt to play with the "FotM" expansion. It opens up the decision tree considerably, thus enabling some of the more problematic play styles. It will, of course, also add to playing time by up to 50%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, FOTM plays great with two players. It makes a already great game, even greater!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mogica
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In addition to the additional cool actions and options, I find the requirement to heat the rooms in your home and lowering the heating requirement for improved homes balances Agricola against a sometimes runaway "be the first one to have a child" opportunity/strategy. Unless it is a first time player, we always use FOTM expansion with everything thrown in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy FotM with 2-player. My wife and I play level 2 (less cards to deal with).

There is more to think about with the special actions. There is more strategy when to renovate house, and this also adds a thematic/mechanic reason to upgrade your home, besides just raw points in the base game.

The spatial element ensures a unique in-game puzzle each time, and your farms will likely look different each time, compared to the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What the others said!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.